Sr Software Developer - Machine Learning
Toronto, ON, Canada
Oracle CX Marketing is an integrated portfolio of digital marketing solutions that help B2B and B2C marketers use real-time intelligence and customer signals to deliver personalized experiences. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be working closely with various engineering and product leaders to innovate and build best in class AI/ML features across the entire portfolio of products. In this role, you will be doing a blend of traditional data science work and big data/software engineering. Our responsibility is to build scalable, cost-conscious, stable, repeatable, and accurate machine learning and ETL pipelines in a cloud environment. This work may span all aspects of the data science and software development lifecycle.
- Research and develop analysis, modeling, and optimization methods to improve the AI in Oracle CX Marketing products.
- Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications in enterprise marketing cloud.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced ML methods as needed.
- Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Provide recommendations on our ML and experimentation roadmap, proposing what to study and to develop to bring ML methods to scale at Oracle CX.
- Develop the experimentation platform by researching new methods and conducting rigorous analyses
- Mentor other Data Scientists, and help them to develop their projects related to experimentation and evaluation
- Provide guidance on statistical, deep learning and machine learning methodological problems across the Oracle CX
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems.
- Implement data science pipelines and applications in a general programming language such as SQL, Python, Scala, or Java, or Spark
- Craft a measurement strategy to evaluate the performance of complex systems against challenging requirements
- Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and their applications including practical experience with and theoretical understanding of algorithms for classification, regression, clustering, deep learning and reinforcement learning.
- Programming experience in C, C++, Java, Python, SQL.
- Strong hands-on experience with Python, Pandas, Numpy, Tensorflow, PyTorch and other ML tools and libraries
- Strong communication, and ability to explain difficult technical topics (especially causal topics) to everyone from data scientists to engineers to business partners.
- Ability to ingest large data using at least one query language (e.g., SQL, Spark, etc.), and use one of scripting language for more sophisticated analyses (e.g., Python, R, Scala).
- Self-starter with strong leadership abilities. Excellent presentation skills, distilling complex analysis and concepts into concise business-focused takeaways
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Able to work well with diverse roles such as product managers and engineers
- Ability to handle multiple projects with strict deadlines
- Hands-on experience with the machine learning life cycle and libraries in Python/Scala
- Experience with one or more deep learning frameworks e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, including SQL, and large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD Degree in Computer Science/Machine Learning or equivalent professional experience.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse “big data” sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
Your application has been successfully submitted.