Director, Ring Fencing and Data Compliance
Toronto, ON, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Ring Fencing and Data ComplianceAt Ethoca, you can join a team of top business and technology innovators who are transforming the industry. We are changing the payments landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and reduce costs. Our services allow customers to focus on what really matters - increasing sales and creating a great customer experience. Our relentless customer focus is what makes us an award-winning company.
We believe that when people come together, it unlocks potential. Our collaborative environment enables our teams to deliver and develop solutions that provide safety, security and convenience for our customers.
Ethoca is a place where risk-takers thrive, change makers excel, and innovators shape a better tomorrow. Innovation requires taking thoughtful risks and moving with speed and agility, so that’s what we do. We invite our employees to bring their hearts, minds and whole selves to work every day to push boundaries and dream up new possibilities. Let’s create new possibilities together.
• Own Ethoca’s data ring fencing policies coordinating with business units across the company to establish and maintain data policies as set out in customer agreements
• Lead in enterprise data activities for initiatives across the enterprise with a focus on data usage, data sharing and data standards
• Enable information-based innovation through data driven decisions & processes for supporting business and product initiatives across the enterprise
• Leads and implements multiple data initiatives as it relates to data usage, sharing, and storage, facilitating long-term business growth
• Reviews documentations on data utilization and provides input to ensure alignment and optimization of existing and new data usage and platform; creates and shares documentation as needed
• Identifies opportunities for simplifying and streamlining data processes and metrics by issue spotting and problem solving
• Partner with corporate, data privacy and C&I product and legal units to drive ongoing development of data policies that enable new business, new technologies, and new customers
• Identify, highlight, and escalate risks relating to data ring fencing and data governance
• Managed workstreams of large cross-functional projects
• Provides input in developing a business unit's data strategy with respect to data ring fencing policies and procedures
• Serves as a technical expert and shares specialist knowledge to cross-functional team to advise business partners on data-related issues
• Develop and maintain HR related training for employee onboarding for data ring fencing policies and data access management related to employee roles and responsibilities
• Work with business and technology program management throughout the project lifecycle to provide first level support for ring fencing data and policies
• Working knowledge of GDPR and administration of data practices
• Analyze data and identifying common themes and requirements
• Above-average knowledge of emerging technologies, data processes, and product solutions that enable commerce
• Excellent communication and documentation skillsDue to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Your application has been successfully submitted.