Software Development Engineer II
Vancouver, BC, Canada
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
Internally this position is referred as - Engineer, Software Engineering - Decision Management Program
• The Decision Management program enables intelligent decision based products through streaming analytics with the ability to govern these decisions and manage their outcomes with business agility.
• This program leverages business rules & AI engines, a streaming big data cluster, an in memory data grids, APIs, & UIs to deliver real time decisions at global scale
• This person will be responsible for mentoring the team as well as stay hands on.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our DMP team in Vancouver office.
• Are you a strong technical programmer with experience working on high performance applications?
• Are you a excited about getting a 360 degree view of the coding world - writing code to develop a piece of code as well as write code to test it?
• Are you passionate about making a difference in this world?
• Do you want to be part of a team which helps prevent fraud on every mastercard transaction in this world?
• Implement application logic in Java.
• Write code to do unit testing, integration testing and functional testing.
• Reach out to senior team members in the team for any help if blocked.
• Participate in all the scrum ceremonies.
• Apply best development practices to write well designed, maintainable, testable, scalable, and secure code.
• Strong programming skills with deep knowledge of Java.
• Excellent knowledge of Spring and other frameworks.
• Good knowledge of unit testing and mocking frameworks like junit, mockito or easymock.
• Good knowledge of SQL and experience working with Oracle.
• Experience working with high performance applications.
• Good problem diagnostic and creative problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple tasks within the constraints and timelines determined by business needs.
• Experience with testing frameworks like Rest Assure, Selenium with web driver etc
• Experience with IBM ILOG/ODM and Pivotal Gemfire Grid.
• Experience with Dockers, Kubernetes etc.
• Experience with Angular.
• BS in computer science or a related field preferred.
What we offer in return includes a beautiful view of the North Shore mountains, coffee that doesn’t stink, and colleagues that are as brilliant as they are likeable. We do cool things as a team including monthly craft beer tastings. Don’t forget the competitive salary, extended health benefits, flex-time schedules, and encouragement and support for professional development. We love it here, and we think you will too.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111296
Your application has been successfully submitted.