(CAN) Data Analyst
Toronto, ON, Canada
As a Data Analyst, (Business Operations Analytics and Reporting), you will work closely with the internal teams and cross-functional partners in the business unit of Walmart Rewards, Financial Services.
The main purpose of this position is to provide a range of custom and standard analytical services, leveraging data and business knowledge. Reporting to the Manager, Data Analytics, Financial Services, you will collaborate within the team and wider stakeholders to understand their operations, data structures, and analytical requirements.
More so, you will be partnering with them to create and/or recommend data driven analytics to help business make informed decisions.
What you'll do...
Under the direction of the Manager, Data Analytics, Financial Services:
1. Within the Financial Services teams, work closely with marketing, operations, product team and cross-functional business partners to understand reporting requirements, identify gaps and assist in building data marts and cubes to enable reporting solutions.
2. Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling and interpreting data into a digestible and actionable format. Assist in developing automated solutions for Data Visualization & Reporting
3. Put on your business thinking cap to drive insights and action we can take to seek growth opportunities.
4. Build and interpret program performance analysis across all product & services related to acquisition, spend, retention, redemption, profitability, implications and associated recommendations. Support Financial Services team in planning and budgeting exercises.
5. Be the bridge between business and technical teams for the data domain, coordinating with various business and engineering teams on data quality issues and issue resolutions.
6. Building organization-wide relationships to move initiatives forward and position ideas to enhance the likelihood for success.
7. Ensuring reporting compliance within organization by managing data integrity and executing quality checks and reconciliation exercises to ensure accurate reporting.
8. Contributing to the documentation, QA, and organization of our datasets.
• Leadership acumen and a passion to apply it in a dynamic business environment
• Excellent interpersonal and highly developed communication skills (verbal and written)
• Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
• Strong MS Office skills – Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience or understanding of open-source software frameworks (Hadoop), data visualization tools (Tableau and Splunk), and databases (SQL and/or VBA)
Your application has been successfully submitted.