Legal Counsel, Mergers and Acquisitions
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Bring your M&A expertise in-house and shape the future
Join our team
The Legal Services team provides world-class, innovative solutions to the TELUS group of companies. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities and ultimately deliver better outcomes and experiences for TELUS’ customers.
Our service delivery model is built by the best legal talent who are confident experts and see the details and the big picture. Our team is ready for complex challenges because each of us are intrinsically passionate about our calling as strategic business partners who deliver a superior legal customer experience.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As counsel with the Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) team, you will partner with our Corporate Development and TELUS Ventures teams and a diverse range of senior leaders from across the enterprise. As part of a high-performing team, you will continue to enhance our strong, collaborative relationships with our clients where you not only execute strategic transactions but also provide advice that helps shape our strategies.
- Strengthening relationships with key stakeholders by cultivating a deep understanding of their business and providing proactive, solution-oriented advice
- Striving continuously to advance legal and business practices by driving new approaches and process improvements
- Leading and executing transactions on mergers and acquisitions files
- Providing support on private equity and venture capital investments
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Respected for your legal skills, business acumen, initiative, creativity, learning-oriented mindset and collaborative style
- Confident at engaging and interacting with sophisticated stakeholders, internally and externally
- Noted for your ability to effectively communicate legal advice (including written) to diverse range of stakeholders
- Recognized for your record of successfully managing multiple, concurrent files and priorities and delivering on commitments
- Strong bias to action with the ability to work independently and to achieve the required goals
- Called 3 or more years ago to the Bar
- Experience leading M&A transaction from beginning to end
- Experience in divestitures, corporate reorganizations and mergers, equity and debt financings, and corporate governance
- Securities or intellectual property experience
- Fluency in French
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-BC-Vancouver
Other Locations: CA-ON-Toronto
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good