Service and Tech Consultant
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Date: Sep 4, 2020
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA, V5H 4W4
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Wondering what it takes to join our team? Click here to try our interactive experience. We recommend that you use Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Internet Explorer 11.37 or above. You can also try it on your mobile device!
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That's Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work. Right now we are looking for talented individuals to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
- Assist customers with technical troubleshooting and take accountability to solve issues from beginning to end
- Keep abreast of new information provided to ensure you have the right information to service the customer
- Process device warranty requests and 30-Day device return requests
- Process tickets associated with adding or removing wireless services, call barring, etc
- Re-Stock Hardware
- Responsible to locate answers from customers, quickly and accurately while using multiple resources
- Resolve escalated technical troubleshooting issues from Customer Service Consultants
- A strong preference will be given to Bilingual (French and English, both written and verbal) candidates
- Diagnose and resolve escalated technical troubleshooting issues of wireless voice/data devices by account provisioning, device functionality, device configuration, application support, software downloads and network connectivity
- Receive incoming live calls with customers and provide a high level of professionalism and exceptional customer service
- Ability to solve issues through clear probing, communication, and visualize a problem or situation and think creatively to solve it
- Open and close service requests, as well as manage the classification, assignment, tracking and completion of requests
- Possess strong computer proficiency including experience using MS Windows (2000 & XP) operating systems.
- Analyze issues with wireless data and voice devices and associated desktop software
- Meet established business objectives and comply with documented best practices
- Work with the fulfillment department to record and process Warranty, Exchange and 30 Day Return information.
- Adhere to callback requirements and follow up on commitments with customers
- Able to adapt and work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Familiarity with wireless technology; specifically wireless voice/data devices and associated desktop software. Experience with BlackBerry and Android OS is an asset.
- Perform credit /coverage checks for Sear in-store sales. Create accounts and create orders
- Proactively maintain current product knowledge
- Basic math skills are required
- Completion of high school diploma or higher
- 1 year experience minimum in technical support
- Knowledge of Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2003/2008 technical support skills
- Nice to have: Previous experience and/or knowledge with Active Directory, Networking and Security
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1600 - 4710 Kingsway (016), Burnaby, BC
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Call Centre Operations & Technical Support
Requisition ID: 190066
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.