Analyst IT Field Support
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Rogers is seeking an Analyst IT Field Support to support IT operations in Field Services. This position will be based in the Rogers office in Kelowna and will report to the Western IT Field Support Manager.
- Act as first point of contact for all IT Field Support issues.
- Take ownership of support requests from beginning to successful completion.
- Provide high quality field support to the user community in a PC and MAC environment.
- Maintain, or facilitate the maintenance of computer systems, software applications, telephony, mobile devices and network infrastructure.
- Coordinate and implement hardware upgrades and replacements as required.
- Log all IT support activity in the Service Now ticketing system.
- Keep accurate records and inventories of corporate assets (i.e. desktops, laptops, mobile devices, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with, and implementation of Rogers Corporate IT Standards.
- Liaison with Rogers ITS, Hardware / Software vendors, and Rogers Procurement.
- Communicate solutions and ideas with local team and IT staff at other locations.
- Provide regular status reports to Manager.
- May be required to work at other locations as directed.
- Participate in rotating after-hours on-call schedule
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma in business or technology preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including demonstrated customer service and relationship building capabilities.
- Excellent communications skills
- Professional certifications and training including ITIL V3, Project management, and Six Sigma or Lean are desirable
- Familiarity with Compliance Standards (PCI, SSAE 16)
- 3 Years + IT Experience including working in employee field support
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Apple desktop operating systems (managing, configuring and trouble shooting)
- Knowledge of desktops (PCs and Macs) (managing, configuring and trouble shooting)
- Knowledge of mobile devices such as phone and tablets (managing, configuring and trouble shooting)
- Experience providing hands-on end user support.
- Experience in the creation of procedural documentation.
- Minimum MCP certification, MCSA or MCTS preferred.
- ITIL certification is an asset.
- CompTIA A+ certification is an asset.
- Ability to deal with and prioritize multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to work independently and to meet defined deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Network troubleshooting skills are an asset.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English
Rogers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 300 - 400 1628 Dickson Avenue(1628), Kelowna, BC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Information Technology
Requisition ID: 193652
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.