Integration Test Engineer
Calgary, AB, Canada Remote
Who We Are
Cisco enjoys a unique position and is leveraging our unprecedented capability to secure the network through intelligence derived from data collected on a global scale. Engineers on the Security Platform and Response (SP&R) integration team are seeking to invent, prove-out, and enable new technologies in big data analytics and threat intelligence.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco SP&R engineering team is a collaborative team that is a part of the world’s largest security organization. You will have the opportunity to work in a diverse and thriving work culture that fosters team empowerment, self-organization and decision-making. You will be part of an established but fast-growing organization that continues to be a leader in the security industry. We expect high performance and drive during business hours, but we believe that to be high performance you have to have time to rest and recharge. We are involved with all stages of the product development process with a focus on driving quality improvements that delight our customers.
What You’ll Do
You will create and execute tests for products and integration solutions spanning the entirety of the Cisco Security portfolio. You should be comfortable testing the limits of how disparate products interact, be willing to dig into what does and does not work, and based on user stories and feedback, provide detailed responses and solutions. From those user stories and workflows, you will develop ways of insuring performance and functionality in physical, virtualized, and cloud environments through both automation and exploratory tests. You should enjoy owning the creation of automation solutions and tools and working with others to contribute to the technology choices of the organization with a cloud focus. You will have the opportunity to create test frameworks that ensure built-in quality exists from the first line of code to the last. We all enjoy building systems to run tests across all levels of the software from functional to integration to an end-to end-system. We want you to be as creative as possible to break complex systems and drive quality for our integrated security products.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in a previous software testing role
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with large, cross-functional teams
- Experience developing and maintaining automation framework, libraries and internal tools for functional and performance testing
- Previous experience utilizing Continuous Integration products to automate execution of testing
- Experience writing requirements and test scenarios
- Prior experience in collaborating with both technical engineers and non-technical customers
- Experience working in a Linux-based cloud environment
- Development experience in one of the following languages: Ruby, Python, Go, or Java
- Familiar with testing and/or configuration of security products (Firewalls, proxies, NAC)
- Previous experience working with cloud-native technologies, IaaS components such as load balancers, and API gateways
- Able to learn new technologies quickly, and understand how they fit into a larger ecosystem
Your application has been successfully submitted.