Product Counsel, Trust and Safety
Los Angeles, CA, USA
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, Mountain View, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
About the Team:
Our legal team provides key support for all TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing fast and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional legal support for trust and safety matters involving TikTok. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role.
- Serve as primary support to Trust & Safety business team, including content policy, law enforcement, IP operations, privacy operations, and other Trust & Safety verticals;
- Work with legal and product teams globally to review products, features, new applications and initiatives to provide legal risk mitigation strategies to ensure legal compliance for products from a US legal perspective with a focus on security, and data privacy issues; and
- Coordinate with product, product operations, public policy, communications, and other cross-functional colleagues on external communication, policy development, and enforcement decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree plus a Juris Doctorate from an ABA-accredited law school
- Member in good standing of the California or New York bar
- Expert-level knowledge of trademark and copyright issues, opportunities and best practices for companies
- Ability to be responsible for all trademark and copyright-related activities for multiple business segments, including training, branding, risk assessment, prosecution, maintenance and enforcement, in a fast-paced, frugal environment
- 8 or more years of relevant experience, specifically product counseling at an enterprise technology or leading consumer-facing digital application, ideally including user-generated content
- Experience with working with international teams in non-US markets in a cross-functional environment
- Strong documentation, presentation, and communication skills in a cross-functional and global role
- Ability to understand and resolve complex legal and business issues
- Ability to effectively translate IP issues to members of the creative, technology, business, management and legal teams
Your application has been successfully submitted.