Monetization Counsel, Privacy
This job is no longer accepting applications.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, Mountain View, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
About the Team:
Our legal team provides key support for all TikTok’s innovative initiatives, state-of-the-art products, and integrated platforms servicing our global video market. We help our technological and business teams enable their vision by providing integrated legal guidance and support. The TikTok team is growing quickly and is seeking highly experienced, bright and capable legal professionals to join the team. One of the critical challenges is the need for our team to provide exceptional legal support for privacy matters involving TikTok. The following describes the responsibilities and requirements for the role.
- Lead Privacy lawyer for the US region
- Support monetization efforts in the launch of new products and features across the Americas (North/Central/ South).
- Work closely with Privacy subject matter experts in the US and globally to establish and maintain compliance.
- Drive strong relationships with internal stakeholders, in particular, Advertising Technology, Data Partnerships and Ad Policy groups.
- Build intake policies and end-to-end workflows to support our data privacy compliance program.
- Time to be split roughly 50/50 between deal negotiation and compliance programs
- Bachelor’s degree plus a Juris Doctorate from top-tier ABA-accredited law school
- Member in good standing of the California or New York bar
- 5 or more years years of law practice, preferably in a general corporate group of a top law firm.
- CIPP Certification
- Highly organized and energetic, able to navigate a fast-paced environment and be highly responsive to deadline-oriented clients.
- Must be client-focused and driven to do better than the status quo.
Your application has been successfully submitted.