Security Engineer - Detection and Response
Mountain View, CA, USA
ByteDance is a technology company operating a range of global content platforms of creation and interaction, including TikTok, Helo, Vigo Video, Douyin, and Huoshan. We are committed to building a safe and user-friendly online environment for all our users, and we are looking for talented engineers and technical program managers to join our security engineering team to support that mission and help us connect, inform, educate, entertain, and inspire.
Security Team at ByteDance
The team is missioned to build infrastructures, platforms and technologies, as well as to support cross-functional teams to protect our users, products and infrastructures. In this team you'll have a unique opportunity to have first-hand exposure to the strategy of the company in key security initiatives, especially in building scalable and secure-by-design systems and solutions. Our challenges are not your regular day-to-day technical problems; you'll be part of a team that's developing new solutions to new challenges of a kind not previously addressed by big tech. It's working fast, at scale, and we're making a difference.
1. Coordinate security incidents response, investigating, reviewing, validating and classifying network and system security alerts.
2. Monitor and analyze emerging cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits relevant to our infrastructure and products.
3. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve threat detection signals, deploy new tooling, and improve response capabilities.
4. Design and implement processes and tools to improve incident handling and streamline security event processing.
5. Documentation, follow-up and collaboration with other internal teams about resolution of vulnerabilities.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other relevant majors.
2. Advanced knowledge and understanding in various disciplines: threat intelligence, IAM, key management systems, data security, application security, web application and browser security, security protocols, operating system internals and hardening (e.g., Windows, Linux, OS X, Android), network security, vulnerability management or applied cryptographic concepts
3. Strong problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting skills.
Your application has been successfully submitted.