Senior Manager, Analytics Engineering
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles.
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We’re deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
We are looking for a Senior Manager Analytics Engineering to join Snap Inc!
The Analytics Engineering team enables Product decision making at Snap by democratizing Data. We process high volume data at scale using modern data processing technologies on the cloud. Data powers much of the informed decision making at Snap and enabling safe product launches, training models for ML, and analytics. The Analytics Engineering team also enables decision making at Snap by building and scaling Data pipelines and visualization dashboards.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to support the team working on Data Engineering & Visualization. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering high quality data for Snap’s needs. The role is based in our San Francisco or Palo Alto offices with teams located in Seattle, Los Angeles, and the Bay Area.
What you'll do:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the various teams working on Data Engineering and Visualization
- Develop organizational-level goals, drive the technical and organizational roadmap for the engineering team
- Collaborate with Content, Finance, Revenue, Data Science, Product, and Engineering teams distributed across multiple offices
- Build, grow, and mentor a team of exceptional machine learning engineers, software engineers, and technical leaders.
- Influence key decisions on architecture and implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering
- Work closely with stakeholders in engineering, finance, sales, marketing, strategy, and governance to make high quality datasets available to consumers in a timely manner
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience managing a team
- Track record of building, growing, and mentoring large, high performing teams
- 9+ years working on solving Data Engineering problems and working with Data at Scale.
- Track record of building new or hyper-growth data-driven products impacting hundreds of millions of users
- Track record of delivery in rapidly changing, highly collaborative, multi-site, multi-stakeholder environments
- Preferred experience with Data Engineering, analytics or ML
- Relevant experience with data science and Internet-scale infrastructure
- Have a passion to learn new things, develop people, and make a business impact at a very large scale
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $265,000 - 385,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $252,000 - 366,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $225,000 - 327,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.