Machine Learning Engineer, NLP, 5+ Years of Experience
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles.
The Cameos team is innovating new ways for Snapchatters to express themselves with their friends. With Cameos, you become the star of short, looping videos that you can customize with your own face and send to friends in Chat. The team consists of engineers, designers, and content specialists who are committed to creating the perfect Cameo for every moment.
We’re looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join the Cameos team at Snap Inc!
What you’ll do:
- Research the latest techniques and methods in deep learning and natural language processing to improve the dialog system across different use cases, including multimodal conversation, long-term memory, chitchat, intent recognition and others
- Work closely with stakeholders from product, engineering, content policy on a long-term improvement over the dialog system use cases, for both external release and internal use cases
- Introduce new techniques, tools, and architecture that improve the quality, performance, latency, throughput, and efficiency of our models
- Create products that are used by millions of Snapchatters
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong understanding of machine learning approaches and algorithms in natural language processing
- Ability to collect and analyze complex unstructured data
- Ability to proactively learn new concepts and apply them at work
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- BS in a related technical field such as computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of industry machine learning experience
- Experience developing novel techniques for machine learning model measurement and mitigation
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Advanced degree in computer science (machine learning, NLP, deep learning) or another related area of study
- Strong track record of coming up with new ideas or improving upon existing ideas in machine learning demonstrated by accomplishments such as first author publications or projects
- Experience working on dialog systems, large language models or virtual assistants
- Experience in interdisciplinary research collaborations
- Experience in creating high-performance implementations of deep learning algorithms
- Possess the ability to own and pursue a research agenda, including choosing impactful research problems and autonomously carrying out long-running projects
- Practical experience with Generative ML models for NLP or CV tasks
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
For CA based applicants:
- The base salary range for this position is $205,000 - 295,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.