Machine Learning Engineer, SnapML, 3+ Years of Experience
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles.
Snap’s Augmented Reality team invents the immersive (and fun!) camera experiences that are at the core of our products. From developing creative new Lens features for Snapchat, to supporting the continuous growth and evolution of Lens Studio (our platform for an ever-increasing community of AR creators), to designing the cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning technology that makes face transformation Lenses possible — our Augmented Reality team is working hard on their mission to bring AR to more people, places, and moments, every day.
We're looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our SnapML team.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and deploy production-quality machine learning frameworks for mobile devices
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products used by hundreds of millions of Snapchatters
- Explore and implement challenging state-of-the-art algorithms to move the needle in the machine learning area
- Work closely with other Snap teams to explore and prototype new product features
- Iterate technology quickly, without compromising quality
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Specific expertise in any of the following fields: segmentation, object detection, classification, deep learning model optimizations (e.g. pruning, quantization, distillation)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Bachelor’s in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years of machine learning or software engineering experience
- Applied deep learning experience (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe2)
- Experience developing and optimizing real-time software for mobile applications
- Proven track record in developing production quality software
- Examples of your work such as open source projects, blog posts, Kaggle contests, etc.
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $175,000 - $250,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $166,000 - $238,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $149,000 - $213,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.