Engineering Data Scientist, Monetization
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We’re deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
We’re looking for Applied Data Scientists to join our Monetization Engineering Team.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams, and apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and machine learning to create insights and predictions
- Design and lead product development related to causal inference, marketplace dynamics, identity and conversion modeling, ranking and retrieval, etc
- Build models and machine learning pipelines to solve problems in the monetization space, for instance:
- understand how users interact with ads on the platform
- predict churn and retention of clients
- work on identity solutions in a privacy-preserving way
- measure incremental revenue from advertising campaigns with experimental and observational causal inference techniques
- work on attribution models, media-mix-models, lifetime value models
- Understand patterns in data to identify key product trends and new product opportunities
- Provide cross-team leadership in data science methodology, ML, and design of data products
- Actively participate in the long term roadmap for the Monetization organization, design metrics for success of a data product, and design dashboards to track them
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to detail
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to a senior / executive audience
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and the ability to structure ambiguous business challenges into actionable plans
- Ability to write close-to-production code
- M.S. or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, Statistics, Econometrics, or other quantitative field
- 9+ years of experience in machine learning, in particular experience with the entire lifecycle of an ML model, from design document writing, to POC work, to productionalization and monitoring
- 9+ years of experience in causal inference techniques, experimental design and/or A/B testing
- Fluency in SQL or other big data querying languages
- Solid experience with programming languages such as Python or R
- Track record of building scalable solutions in production environments
- Exposure to leadership, OKR writing, yearly roadmapping
- Experience with modern deep learning frameworks such as tensorflow or pytorch
- Familiarity with cloud computing stack in AWS or GCP
- Prior experience with ad tech
- Expertise working with products with complex UX and modeling interaction, designing data funnels representing user-product interactions and formulating data based insights to improve product behavior or identify regressions.
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $230,000 - 335,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $219,000 - 318,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $196,000 - $285,000 annually
- This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
Default Together Policy at Snap
At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.