Engineering Data Scientist, Ad Ranking
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles.
Snap Engineering teams build fun and technically sophisticated products that reach hundreds of millions of Snapchatters around the world, every day. We’re deeply committed to the well-being of everyone in our global community, which is why our values are at the root of everything we do. We move fast, with precision, and always execute with privacy at the forefront.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join Snap Inc!
What you’ll do:
- Build state-of-the-art statistical models to solve various problems at the intersection ads ranking and ads marketplace optimization.
- Create and test hypotheses by designing experiments.
- Develop rigorous offline and online metrics for ads performance evaluation; design dashboards to track them.
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers, build tools to understand complex machine learning models and identify areas of improvement for the model.
- Collaborate with product managers, apply your expertise in quantitative analysis to generate actionable insights and identify new opportunities.
- Communicate your findings to cross-functional stakeholders and help make data-informed product decisions.
- Develop vision and execution plan for ads data science team; actively participate in the long-term roadmap for the monetization organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong statistical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses clearly and effectively to a senior audience.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to structure ambiguous business challenges into actionable plans.
- Ability to write close-to-production code.
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others.
- Possesses a desire to learn and help others
- M.S. or Ph.D. in math, statistics, computer science, economics, or other quantitative fields.
- 9+ experience with statistical modeling, predictive modeling and statistical analysis.
- Fluency in SQL or similar big data querying languages.
- Fluency in programming languages such as Python or R.
- Ph.D. in math, statistics, computer science, economics, or other quantitative fields.
- Experience in causal inference techniques, experimental design, metric design, and/or A/B testing.
- Prior experience in mobile ad technology, auctions and ads marketplace.
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms, model training, evaluation, and benchmarking.
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $230,000 - 335,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $219,000 - 318,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $196,000 - $285,000 annually
- This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
Default Together Policy at Snap
At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.