Senior Data Scientist, 5+ Years Experience
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Product team uses creativity, insights, and operational excellence to steer our product vision across Snap Inc. This team of designers, scientists, and product managers work in a highly collaborative environment to build the products and experiences that bring our community together in new and special ways.
We’re looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to join our product team.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and statistical modeling to deliver impactful, objective, and actionable data insights that enable informed business and product decisions
- Drive informed and timely decision-making that improves and optimizes the way our products are created, executed, and adopted'
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, product marketers, and designers
- Think creatively, proactively, and futuristically to identify and size up new opportunities within Snap's long term roadmap for data-scientific contributions
- Conduct machine learning or statistical analyses, and build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions to deliver actionable insights, accurate predictions, and effective optimizations
- Communicate best practices in quantitative analysis and develop cross-functional partnerships
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise using data modeling skills to identify key product trends and new product opportunities
- Ability to design implement, and track core metrics to analyze the performance of our products
- Ability to create visuals, dashboards, and reports to effectively communicate your insights
- Experience collaborating with engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional teams
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- An understanding of Snapchat with great product sense and product understanding
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- BS/BA degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of experience in quantitative analysis & data science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience using SQL or similar big data querying languages
- 5+ years of experience with programming language, such as Python or R
- 5+ years of experience wit applied statistical techniques, such as inferential methods, causal methods, A/B testing, or statistical modeling techniques
- Experience in a product-focused role at a social media and/or mobile technology company
- Experience using machine learning and statistical analysis for building data-driven product solutions or performing methodological research.
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $205,000 - $295,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $195,000 - $280,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $174,000 - $251,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.