Data Scientist, SMB Data & Analytics
Snap Inc is a technology company. We believe the camera presents the greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Snap contributes to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together. The Company’s three core products are Snapchat, a visual messaging app that enhances your relationships with friends, family, and the world; Lens Studio, an augmented reality platform that powers AR across Snapchat and other services; and its AR glasses, Spectacles.
Snapchat is a camera and messaging app that connects people to their friends and the world. Every day around the globe, millions of people use Snapchat to communicate with friends, build relationships, play, and learn. No matter where you are or how you express yourself, it’s always the fastest way to share a moment!
We’re looking for a Data Scientist, SMB Data & Analytics to join Snap Inc.
What you’ll do:
- Drive SMB’s global business strategy, advise its execution, improve efficiency and facilitate customers’ success at scale.
- Lead the development of our predictive algorithms across a number of different areas all with the aim of better understanding our customer and our business
- Lead and perform deep-dive analyses using analytical and statistical tools on very large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets.
- Identify levers for revenue & retention growth, efficiency enhancement and investments to unlock non-linear business growth.
- Advocate for key SMB-oriented insights and recommendations with partner teams, including product, engineering, sales, growth, and operations.
- Establish a rigorous set of KPIs and metrics (input and output) for measuring advertiser growth, revenue and retention.
- Provide quantitative support, market understanding and a strategic perspective to SMB and its partner teams on all questions involving small and medium businesses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise using data modeling skills to identify key product trends and new product opportunities
- Ability to design implement, and track core metrics to analyze the performance of our products
- Ability to create visuals, dashboards, and reports to optimally communicate your insights
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, product managers, and other cross-functional teams
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- An understanding of Snapchat with great product sense and product understanding
- BS/BA degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, computer science or equivalent years of experience
- 1+ years of experience in quantitative analysis & data science or a related field
- 1+ years of experience using SQL or similar big data querying languages
- 1+ years of experience with programming language, such as Python or R
- 1+ years of experience with applied statistical techniques, such as inferential methods, causal methods, A/B testing, or statistical modeling techniques
- Advanced degree in applied mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics or related field
- Experience using machine learning and statistical analysis for building data-driven product solutions or performing methodological research.
- Experience in online media/marketing measurement, analytics, or statistics, preferably in a consumer/ SMB business
- Experience working with sales, marketing, and/or customer service organizations.
In the United States, work locations are assigned a pay zone which determines the salary range for the position. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These pay zones may be modified in the future.
- Zone A (CA, WA, NYC): The base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $175,000 annually
- Zone B: The base salary range for this position is $114,000 - 166,000 annually
- Zone C: The base salary range for this position is $102,000 - $149,000 annually
This position is eligible for equity in the form of RSUs
"Default Together" Policy at Snap: At Snap Inc. we believe that being together in person helps us build our culture faster, reinforce our values, and serve our community, customers and partners better through dynamic collaboration. To reflect this, we practice a “default together” approach and expect our team members to work in an office at least 80% of the time (an average of 4 days per week).
If you are not based in the same location(s) listed for this role and are open to relocation, we encourage you to apply to take advantage of our generous relocation policy.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid parental leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success!
Your application has been successfully submitted.