Senior Video Processing Algorithm Engineer
About This Role
About the Team:
As a Senior Video Processing Algorithm Engineer, you will explore opportunities to research and develop video process algorithms in order to both improve real-time video quality & performance, and add new features on Zoom video products.
Work across our stack, developing software ranging from Web Server to business application layer for our distributed, cloud-hosted backend. You will work alongside fellow experts in the field, you will deliver happiness to our users, and grow your knowledge base each and every day.
About the Role:
- Conduct performance research evaluations on image/video processing algorithms
- Perform feasibility analysis and validation, develop corresponding demos, and cooperate with team members for feature deployment on various platforms
- Develop and prototype innovative algorithms in Zoom’s video processing pipeline
- Design new video features to tackle new and existing problems on Windows, macOS, IOS, Android and Linux systems
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the business to drive the delivery of features, processes and happiness
- PhD degree or Master degree with 4 years of working experiences in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related STEM field
- Excellent C++/C and Python programming skills
- Strong experiences with libraries for deep learning, such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffe, etc.
- Solid knowledge of math, including linear algebra, numerical optimization, calculus, etc.
- Hands-on experiences with video processing techniques (traditional method and deep learning method), such as image/video synthesis and generation, image enhancement, etc.
- Hands-on experiences in deep learning (neural network, neural rendering, generative model, discriminative model, transfer learning, one-shot or few shot learning, Neural Architecture Search, etc.)
- Experience on deep learning structure (Transformer, CNN, RNN, etc.) optimization and acceleration
- Ability to crystallize vague concepts into concise plans with clear documentation
- Detail oriented, organized, ethical, responsible, and self-motivated
- Strong communication skills and a desire to learn something new
Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
$233,900.00In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration; base salary, bonus and equity value.
Information about Zoom’s benefits is on our careers page here.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in this and other locations.
Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.