Senior Architect - Big Data Platform
About This Role
Sr. Architect - Big Data Platform
About the Team
Zoom’s Big Data Platform organization is in need of a Sr. Architect to drive continued design and architectural improvements of our platform to both accommodate and drive Zoom’s business needs.
As Zoom grows and expands, so does the company's data needs. We need to continuously revisit, update, and upgrade our environment architecture to be able to support both, today’s business needs as well as create strategic and scalable data solutions to drive Zoom growth.
About the Role
- Drive and own architectural design strategies and their realization for the Big Data Platform
- Identify Big Data Platform areas that can be improved, propose better solutions, and drive implementation
- Create and maintain alignment between Zoom’s business and the Big Data Platform environment and technology
- Work with PMs, Engineers, and TechOps to maintain the integrity of our tech infrastructure
- Provide hands-on technical and execution leadership for engineering teams
- Define and execute architectural designs
- Maintain and drive architectural integrity throughout the Big Data Platform environment
- Help build a strong engineering culture by partnering closely with the Big Data Platform engineering teams and help develop their expertise
- 10+ years of industry experience working with Big Data Platforms
- Deep understanding of Big Data Platform architecture scalability and performance
- Expert level hand-on experience in cloud technologies, preferably AWS related
- Deep understanding of data formats like Hudi, Iceberg, Deltalake, etc
- Deep expertise in real-time and batch data processing at large scale
- Deep understanding of data and how it relates to architecture (Data ingestion, Realtime, Batch, SQL, NoSQL, Analytics, etc)
- Expert understanding and use of standard software design patterns
- Understanding of modern SDLC processes (Agile, CI, CD, etc.) and how architecture fits
- Strong ability to think strategically and align design and architecture patterns to drive current needs as well as future growth
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor technical communications to any level (Exec to Jr. Software Engineers)
- Strong technical leadership with change management skills
- Ability to break a problem of any size into manageable pieces
- Deep understanding of enterprise integration with an emphasis on scalable patterns
- Ability to draft proposals of cost vs. use/benefit of proposed architectural changes
- Experience building Machine Learning Platform
- Expertise with Data Bricks and/or Snowflake
Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
$249,700.00In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration; base salary, bonus and equity value.
Information about Zoom’s benefits is on our careers page here.
Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience.
We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in this and other locations.
Work Styles at Zoom
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles.
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinars.
We’re problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.