Senior Revenue Accountant
About the team
We are a team of fun and skilled accounting and finance professionals within the Controller organization who own all Revenue accounting and other miscellaneous functions of Zillow Group’s Internet, Media and Technology (“IMT”) business segment, as well as assist in implementation of financial and billing processes related to new products and revenue streams. We work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment and work directly with teams throughout the Finance organization (including Billing & Payments, FP&A, Financial Reporting, Technical Accounting Tax and Legal), as well as Engineering, IT, Product and Sales teams across various product lines.
As Zillow Group is in a time of significant growth and strategic advancement, there are a ton of opportunities to make a positive impact to the business!About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Revenue Accountant to join the IMT Accounting Team! This role will be responsible for both month-end close activities and new revenue product implementation work.
You Will Get To:
- Review customer contracts and billings to ensure that revenue is recognized properly in accordance with ASC 606
- Prepare and review journal entries and related balance sheet reconciliations
- Analyze financial results and provide proper explanations and insights as part of month-end close process
- Work closely with business partners to drive continuous improvements and attain shared success and business objectives
- Support year-end financial audit and quarterly review processes, actively working with Financial Reporting and internal/external auditors
- Update and maintain the company’s revenue recognition policy and process documents as products and business processes evolve and accounting standards change
- Monitor, recommend and implement improvements to current methodologies and practices
- Identify risks and opportunities for improvements and facilitate implementing appropriate solutions
- Review and support designing and documenting effective internal controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with SOX
- Serve as revenue SME on new products and business initiatives by evaluating revenue recognition implications, providing robust business requirements and supporting implementation to ensure accounting and financial reporting needs are delivered adequately
- Guide and review staff level work
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $71,600.00 - $114,400.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.Who you are
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Solid understanding of ASC 606 and working knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Revenue accounting and month-end close process experience
- Exceptional organization and execution/follow-up skills
- Ability to see big picture and know when/how to dive deeper into details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with many different teams across the organization
- Exceptional Excel skills and proficiency
- Experience working with data visualization tools
- CPA, or eligible for CPA exam
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- 4+ years’ accounting work experience in public accounting, mid-to-large sized tech or high-growth company
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.