Principal Sales Compensation Consultant
About the team
Zillow Group’s Compensation Team is responsible for designing and implementing Zillow’s core compensation philosophy, spanning across executive, incentive, equity, and broad-based compensation. The Compensation Team provides Zillow with competitive intelligence and market research to keep Zillow at the forefront of modern and inclusive compensation practices which attract and engage the very best. HR Business Partners, Recruiters, and People Managers rely upon the Compensation Team’s advice and education to ensure a consistent, excellent employee experience at Zillow, so we work as one team to empower those partners with class-leading data, tools, reporting, and processes. We do all of this through partnerships, trust, and accountability while learning together for personal and professional growth. Our Compensation practices are evolving as we make sense of a dynamic marketplace and support Zillow leaders to drive business growth and employee empowerment.About the role
Zillow Group is seeking a compensation expert to craft the next generation of our sales compensation program. This role will partner with the Sales Operations, Sales Finance, legal, HR Business Partners and Compensation teams to drive the design and execution of good plan governance and harmonization, and best methodologies in sales compensation plan design and administration, ultimately delivering positive business results.
This role requires excellent program management and cross functional collaboration skills, executive influencing skills, and plan modeling / design skills. The ideal candidate has a passion for establishing and driving relationships both within and across the HR, finance, legal, and executive teams.
- Owns, develops, and drives our sales compensation program that is aligned with Zillow’s overall strategy and goals, and partners with HRBP, Finance, Sales Finance and business leaders to develop initiatives driving successful business outcomes through incentive compensation, including relationships with outside advisors and vendor partners.
- Provides guidance and recommendation to improve the sales compensation programs design, modeling, communication, and implementation.
- Streamlines sales compensation program change and renewal processes while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assess and evaluates sales compensation program effectiveness by partnering with the business leaders and sales operations partners and make adjustments as necessary to ensure they continue to support the company’s goals.
- Research, evaluate and propose the best standard practices of sales compensation program design and administration in the market, including competitive pay mix, incentive metrics and mechanism; build Tools which anticipate the needs of our internal team members, partners, and clients.
- Build and lead strategic partnerships with lines of business across Zillow Group to ensure alignment of our compensation offerings with fiscal and legal realities.
- Deliver cross-functional results through effective partnership, influencing skills, trust building, and shared education.
- Empower recruiting with essential compensation expertise and practices needed to keep pace with ambitious hiring goals
- Support the execution of our annual salary planning activities in collaboration with the broader compensation team and key partners
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $130,900.00 - $209,100.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.Who you are
- Ability to build and analyze data to help develop solutions for key clients as well as building solid compensation recommendations
- Ability to form relationships, influence and collaborate with high-level leadership
- Thrives working in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability and willingness to share compensation expertise to help develop partners, clients and team mates
- Technical expertise and analytical skills to review large data sets and build modeling tools for the team and customers
- Bachelors’ Degree in HR, Finance, Business Administration or other related field
- 12+ years of compensation experience, sales compensation experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated success leading sales compensation incentive analysis, design, modeling and implementation.
- Ability to use systems and tools necessary to illustrate and convey complex information in clear and simple formats (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Knowledge of HR programs and systems – prior experience with Workday is highly preferred
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.