Solutions Engineer (Northeast)
Are you ready for a new way of working? Automox is launching organizations into the future with cloud-native IT operations. By ditching clunky legacy tools and automating soul-crushing manual tasks, IT admins can get back to more exciting, strategic work. Behind our effortlessly modern platform is a group of builders, innovators, and entrepreneurial thinkers breaking the status quo–and having a lot of fun doing it. Our values, culture, and community are shaped by real people doing really extraordinary work.
Ditch your daily commute, say goodbye to the typical nine-to-five, and embrace a new way of working at Automox.
At the heart of our work here at Automox is our drive to raise the world's security confidence. We are seeking a results-driven Sales Engineer / Solutions Engineer to join our team. This is a great opportunity to have a big impact on the success of a whole organization. Technical conversations, demos, and working with our prospects enabling them to trial / PoC is critical to our successful process. We are looking for self-motivated individuals and great teammates who are passionate about SaaS and leading the end-to-end technical sales cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Help decision makers see the value in evolving their approach to endpoint management and security
- Prepare demos and Proof of Value (POVs) / Proof of Concept (POC) to demonstrate various use cases
- Execute delivery of POVs / POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, to illustrate product capabilities and how they align specifically with our customer objectives
- Build relationships with customers by serving as a technical liaison for sales teams
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Bring a great attitude as we develop a new team and all the fun that comes with building a great sales and overall company culture
- Exceed monthly sales revenue targets while contributing to overall team goals
- Customer Focused - As a Solutions Engineer, you are the customer advocate and champion within Automox in the pre-sales organization. You seek to understand the what, why, and how of how things work, and how they could work even better.
- Tenacious - You are willing to try something, and if you fail, learn from it and try again. You are concise, articulate, and able to get to the heart of the matter.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3+ years related experience in sales engineering or IT in the software security / endpoint management industry
- Ability to think critically and logically under pressure and to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic
- Have the ability to quickly learn new technical concepts and be self directed in your learning
- Dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails, phone and video
- Self-starter, proactive, motivated, responsible with a passion for customer engagement
- Comfortable with, and enjoy, working with customers and prospects, to help IT Managers and decision-makers see value in evolving their approach to security and endpoint management
- Familiarity in cyber security and IT infrastructure, including system patching, secure configurations, and endpoint management
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Understanding of Powershell and Bash scripting
- You have the ability to work cross-functionally, lead projects, and make things happen
- Able to travel to visit prospects and customers, and cover industry events
$100,000 - $130,000 a year
Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package that includes commissions, equity and benefits. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's direct experience, skills, industry knowledge, and location.
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
🖥️ Work from home within the Northeastern US or Ontario, Canada
📈Equity for Full-Time Employees
🏦 401K Match
🏝Flexible PTO, generous sick time policy
👋🏽$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
⏱Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
🩺 Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
🩺100% Company-paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
🩺 Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
🩺 Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
🎁 $50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
💻 Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
🗄 $750 Home office stipend
👨👧👦 $10k Adoption Benefit
🤰🏽Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
👶🏽 Up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse company. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status
Your application has been successfully submitted.