Site Reliability Engineer
Are you ready for a new way of working? Automox is launching organizations into the future with cloud-native IT operations. By ditching clunky legacy tools and automating soul-crushing manual tasks, IT admins can get back to more exciting, strategic work. Behind our effortlessly modern platform is a group of builders, innovators, and entrepreneurial thinkers breaking the status quo–and having a lot of fun doing it. Our award winning culture, values, and community are shaped by real people doing really extraordinary work.
Ditch your daily commute, say goodbye to the typical nine-to-five, and embrace a new way of working at Automox.
As our platform and customers’ needs continue to grow, we seek to add a dynamic Site Reliability Engineer who thrives in a growth-stage product company and enjoys collaborating with engineering teams. A passion and love for scaling platforms and empowering developers is a must. SREs at Automox focus on automation, instrumentation, and stability for our cloud-native systems to sustain health and performance across our platform. Through collaboration with a vibrant team of engineers, you will help us take Automox to the next level.
THE FUN STUFF
- Work with a customer-focused dedicated team of SREs, Architects, and Developers who are passionate about reducing the toil of software vulnerability remediation for our customers: IT, Engineering, and Operations teams.
- Leverage your engineering skills to dive into and prevent scaling and stability bottlenecks of platform services while building new things.
- Pair with fellow SREs and partner with software engineers to learn new technologies and innovative ways of building scalable cloud-native services.
- Help us build on and improve a self-service, cloud-native software delivery platform that enables developers to go from development to production quickly.
- Instrument, automate, and scale Automox's distributed, highly available products and services on AWS and Kubernetes.
- Partner with Automox's Engineering teams to identify, instrument, and measure the performance of platform services that impact Automox's customers.
- Learn and grow your skills while working with new and exciting technologies
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- You've experienced the challenges of designing, provisioning, and scaling platforms and infrastructure.
- You're apt with cloud environments and technologies.
- Can review complex distributed systems and design, recommend, and implement improvements.
- You have a solid understanding of containerization and work well with AWS Managed services and SRE / DevOps best practices: observability, automation, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Appreciate the importance of observability and monitoring, and are fearless in defining and instrumenting SLOs and SLAs.
- The words containerization and orchestration bring a smile to your face.
- Self-starter, proactive, motivated, and responsible, passionate about engineering excellence and delivering quality solutions.
- You take what you do seriously but appreciate what matters is the lives we change for the better.
THE MUST HAVES
- 4 or more years of experience as an SRE or a combination of SRE, Programming, or Systems Engineering experience.
- 2 or more years of experience with AWS products.
- 1 or more years of experience running docker containers or Kubernetes.
- Programming experience, e.g., Python, Go, Ruby, or Java.
- Proficient in scripting and deployment automation using Infrastructure as Code.
- Comfortable working in a remote/distributed work environment requiring excellent verbal, written, and asynchronous communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for working with others.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with data management systems: Relational Databases (e.g. PostgreSQL), Event Streaming Platforms (e.g. Kafka), Key-Value Stores (e.g. Redis), Monitoring and Observability (e.g. Data Dog, Prometheus, Grafana)
$122,000 - $147,000 a year
Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package that includes bonus, equity and benefits. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's direct experience, skills, industry knowledge, and location.
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
🇺🇸 Work from almost anywhere in the USA***
📈Equity for Full-Time Employees
🏦 401K Match
🏝Flexible PTO, generous sick time policy
👋🏽$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
⏱Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
🩺 Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
🩺100% Company-paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
🩺 Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
🩺 Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
🎁 $50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
💻 Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
🗄 $750 Home office stipend
👨👧👦 $10k Adoption Benefit
🤰🏽Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
👶🏽 Up to 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
We are a fully distributed company and have remote workers throughout the United States, and some parts of Canada. ***We are currently not able to hire in California, Seattle area, and New York metro***
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse company. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.