Senior Devops Engineer
We are seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer with extensive cloud and DevOps experience on at least one of the major public cloud platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities
This senior role will closely work with our internal IT and cloud providers to design and build automated solutions, operational processes and monitoring system for Cloud Enabled Studio products and services with paradigm of Infrastructure as Code (IaC). This role will also support the studio’s legacy infrastructure and its evolution to the cloud. Our customers include internal or acquired gaming studios, innovative offices/workplaces, various business groups and external customers. The work scope will include understanding the internal customers’ business requirements, collecting the technical requirements, developing reference architecture and prototypes based on leading industry best practice, leading implementation, and deployment for global locations, as well as issue troubleshooting when necessary.
For this job, you will:
• Standardize and automate the provisioning and support aspects as reusable cloud services and interfaces
• Develop infrastructure as code on public cloud (Tencent Cloud / AWS / Azure / GCP) using best practices and implementations for non-production and production environments
• Implement automated configuration and deployment process towards improving functionality, availability, and manageability of our Cloud Enabled Studio services
• Lead technical operations on key initiatives or projects from requirements to design to implementation
• Ensure the availability, performance, reliability, and reporting of services
• Improve productivity in delivery orchestration, proactive monitoring, self-healing automation, and operations validations
• Design, implement and support operational and reliability aspects of large-scale Cloud-enabled studio with focus on performance at scale, real time monitoring, logging, and alerting
• Develop operational alerts, perform alert investigation and develop response runbooks
• Develop Elasticsearch ingest pipelines, Kibana dashboards, and canvases
• Solve problems related to these mission critical services and build automation to proactively detect and prevent their re-occurrences
• Collaborate via open communication reaching across functional borders to analyze, tune, and configure automated platform infrastructure and systems
Based in Palo Alto, CA, this person will work closely with the global IT team, HQ teams.
Who we are looking for
- A quick learner
- A positive, self-motivated, and passionate person
- Independent, insistent, and open minded
- A great team player, and both dependable and autonomous
- Customer oriented, and could work at a very fast pace
- 5+ years of experience with Infrastructure automation, distributed systems design, experience with design, develop tools for running large scale private or public cloud system in Production
- In depth knowledge on various cloud technologies. One or two public cloud professional SA certificates
- Expertise in configuration management with a framework such as Ansible, Terraform, Helm
- Proficiency with programming languages like Python, Golang, and shell scripting to automate tasks
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and/or Windows administration
- Understand Authentication & Authorization Services, Identity & Access Management
- Working knowledge of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Knowledge about APIs designing RESTful services and integrated with other providers
- Passion for infrastructure and monitoring as code
- Can effectively collect, synthesize customer needs and challenges, design/lead the establishment of global IT foundation for all our game studios.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher), Computer Science, Mathematics, or related science or engineering major
- Bilingual preferred (English, Chinese)
About Tencent Overseas IT and Cloud CoE:
Tencent Overseas IT has the mission to empower Tencent’s rapid global growth with future ready, global IT platforms, applications, and services. We are chartered to lead the Overseas IT strategy, architecture, roadmap, and execution. Satisfying our internal/external customers and becoming a world class global IT team are our top aspirations.
Cloud Center of Excellence team is part of Tencent Oversea IT. The team will laser focus on providing infrastructure, best practice to enable Tencent’s tens oversea game studios. The team will partner with game studios to define and deliver the best cloud and on-premises infrastructure for both game production and game runtime workloads.
You will work for our strategic Cloud-enable Studio project which aims to transform the game studios from traditional on-premises environment to next generation distributed and remote accessible virtual studio empowered by the latest cloud technology.
The base pay range for this position in the state(s) above is $109,200 to $200,200 per year. Actual pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign on payment, relocation package, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as other medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the specific position offered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.