Technical Product Manager - Media Management
This Product Manager role will operate across multiple development teams within our software organization and be responsible for helping to solve one of the most critical challenges that GoPro users face with our products: media management. Whether transferring large files across the ecosystem, managing high performance videos or curating and sharing your favorite shots, media management is a foundational element, and a top priority, of the GoPro software experience. The ideal candidate for this role will be a user-focused problem solver who is dedicated to technical details and passionate about delivering features that delight our users in one of the most important areas of our product experience.
What You Will Do
- As a Product Manager for the Media Management team, you will collaborate with cross functional product owners to define, design and implement software features across GoPro mobile, web and desktop products.
- Develop + own the strategy, roadmap and execution for media management, curation + discovery features that will help users find + organize their content and simplify their digital lives.
- Working within an Agile Scrum framework, collaborate directly with engineering and UX counterparts to define and execute a cross-platform software strategy for user experiences with high performance media, supported media formats and codecs, as well as metadata unique to GoPro cameras.
- Write clear and concise product requirements that define the goals and key elements of each feature, and that are digestible by design, engineering and QA teams.
- Define and execute technically complex but intuitive features that have measurable impact, both to the GoPro user experience and our subscription business.
- Carry products + features from conception and design, through development, launch and iteration cycles.
- Launch, learn, analyze data and iterate.
Skills We’re Excited About
- 5+ years of proven experience in software/digital media product development or a related technical role, with at least 2 years of product management experience.
- Experience launching software products + features within streaming media, streaming video optimization, cloud and/or SaaS.
- Experience driving technical product + go-to-market strategy, and design discussions with cross functional groups.
- An effective communicator, presenter + writer who can use these skills to influence stakeholder groups, who may have conflicting priorities.
- Fundamentally analytical. You make data driven decisions and use key insights to prioritize your roadmaps and influence decision making across the organization.
Bonus Points For
- A curiosity about GoPro products and a learning mindset. You like to understand why things work the way they do (or don’t).
- An understanding of the pain points of media management, curation + discovery, and a passion to help users simplify their digital lives.
- An ability to understand the bigger picture and how your work plays a critical role in its success.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $136,850 - $216,200. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.
Your application has been successfully submitted.