Staff RF Engineer
GoPro is seeking a top tier candidate to take on the responsibilities of a Staff RF Engineer. This position will be responsible for implementation of wireless technologies in GoPro products. Working closely with core team, you will help to design and validate the product from concept to prototype to mass production. This position will involve working cross-functionally with other engineering teams in design of GoPro products.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of WiFi, Bluetooth and GNSS technologies. You will have experience in both design and verification of these systems, or similar wireless technologies in mobile products. In addition, having a solid understanding of receiver de-sense mitigation techniques would be a great asset.
What You Will Do
- Design wireless solutions for portable cameras, camera accessories and other wireless products such that they meet product requirement specifications.
- Create schematics, drive placement of RF circuitry, and work closely with PCB layout team to create solid RF designs.
- Utilize simulation tools to assist design activities.
- Take an active, leading role in design reviews with cross functional engineering teams such as mechanical, electrical, firmware, software, and product ID team, to ensure wireless performance is met.
- Develop detailed documentation, such as wireless test plans, and drive existing, as well as new processes, to ensure high quality products.
- Execute rigorous and methodic design testing and optimization.
- Support EMI and RF de-sense mitigation activities.
- Support regulatory and certification activities related to wireless technologies.
- Support manufacturing; bring-up and debug prototypes; work closely with development partners and lead technical assignments of our design partners or vendors.
- Review design data collected during in-house testing as well as factory build data.
- Perform failure analysis during development phases and troubleshoot field return issues.
- Continue improving product quality and assess new wireless technology solutions for GoPro products.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Bachelor Science or degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 5-10 years of experience in RF hardware development with extensive lab testing.
- Familiarity with design and testing of wireless technologies such as WiFi, Bluetooth, GNSS, MIMO or LTE technologies is an asset
- Understanding of RF front-end, transceiver and system architecture, components, and specifications.
- Strong experience using RF simulation tools like ADS, Genesys or CST for circuit and 3D EM simulations.
- Familiar with schematic creation and PCB design tools; OrCAD and Cadence Allegro is an asset.
- Proven ability in analyzing root cause, complex design debugging, and problem solving.
- Knowledge of system level debugging such as receiver de-sense mitigation techniques to improve receiver performance.
- Experience with board bring-up, calibration, and supporting pre-certification RF testing.
- Demonstrated successful design, development and production of low cost, space constrained, consumer electronics.
- Familiar with the design process from concept through board development and system integration.
- Understanding of EMC/EMI testing for regulatory compliance and certification including SAR.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and process for wireless consumer devices, such as FCC, ETSI, PTCRB, etc.
- Proven ability to work independently with little direction as well as multi-task
- Ability to work cross-functionally along with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with leading and mentoring more junior engineers.
- Comfortable in giving presentations to other engineering teams and management.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $130,900 - $200,100. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.
Your application has been successfully submitted.