Software Engineer - iOS
This iOS engineer will participate in the development of iOS applications that enable consumers to share their passions with friends and community by developing media management, editing, and story-telling features for GoPro cameras and cloud content. You will make disciplined use of git source control and bug tracking systems along with participation in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high quality, compact and elegant code. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with Swift, Objective-C and the iOS native development platform.
What You Will Do
- Participate in code development from requirements throughout the deployment
- Collaborate with Engineers, UX and Product Design to define, design and ship new features
- Participate in software code reviews to ensure the creation of high quality, compact code
- Unit-test developed code for usability, general reliability and elegance
- Make disciplined use of git source control and bug tracking systems
- Contribute exceptional skills to develop highly innovative consumer mobile products
- Architect system solutions for complex user features
Skills We’re Excited About
- Expertise in Swift and developing native iOS apps
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical discipline
- Strong CS fundamentals
- 5+ years of commercial experience in developing applications for the iPhone and iPad
- Strong knowledge of MVC, OOP, memory management and threading
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Proven successful track record showing an aptitude for engineering and product sense
- Possess the passion to design, build and polish innovative applications
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $135,150 - $213,325. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.
Your application has been successfully submitted.