Senior Thermal Engineer
GoPro is seeking a top tier Senior Thermal Engineer who will help ensure that our world-class products perform as expected in temperature extremes. You’ll work side by side with our Designers and Engineers to help GoPro continue to push the envelope on what’s possible for ruggedized, small form factor, high performance products.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to develop product architectures
- Optimize thermal solutions using CFD simulation
- Investigate new approaches to thermal architecture to help shape future product roadmaps
- Manage our CM validation activities during development
- Prepare, review, execute and supervise testing to support modeling and product validation
Skills We’re Excited About
- BSME required, MS Preferred
- 5+ years of thermal analysis experience
- Working knowledge of heat sinks, heat pipes, vapor chambers, TIMs, and graphite materials
- Ability to create thermal validation test plans and hands-on proficiency testing and troubleshooting electronic hardware.
- Experience working with contract manufacturers and component suppliers, including leading external resources
- Experience with CAD tools (Siemens NX or SolidWorks experience preferred)
- Experience with commercial CFD software (Flotherm XT experience preferred)
- Strong understanding of thermal transfer via conduction, convection and radiation
- Understanding of modeling techniques and concepts (convergence, discretization, and meshing)
- Scripting languages (Matlab, python, perl, tcl) is a plus
- Consumer electronic development experience is a plus
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $116,450 - $157,550. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.
Your application has been successfully submitted.