Manager – Software Build and Release (CI/CD)
This role will leverage the candidate’s experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) systems to provide build support for the GoPro client software development teams. The Build and Release Engineering Manager will be responsible for planning, architecting, and maintaining the delivery system for all mobile and desktop applications and their subcomponents. They will manage a team of build engineers and work with all departments in multiple global locations to help ensure that the build system meets all of the team’s needs and runs as efficiently as possible. The ideal candidate will be proficient with the latest CI/CD tools and have experience in developing build pipelines in an agile software development environment, and have experience managing other engineers.
What You Will Do
- Support a global development team located in San Diego, Bucharest, and Paris
- Communicate with development and QA engineers and managers for both on demand and future needs
- Manage a small team of engineers in Carlsbad, Paris, and Bucharest
- Maintain and upgrade the Jenkins master and build nodes
- Update and create new build jobs for applications and subcomponents
- Investigate new/alternate build/test systems, make recommendations as to their use, and implement them if approved
- Spec, build and maintain hardware for the build system where necessary
- Collaborate with developers on the creation of new internal build tools and systems
Skills We’re Excited About
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience working in a mobile and desktop development environment
- 3+ years of management experience
- Experience with CI/CD systems including Jenkins and Github actions
- Experience with GitHub enterprise tools
- Ability to write in one or more scripting language including bash, Windows cmd or PowerShell, or Groovy.
- Experience with Python, Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective C, or C++ a plus
- Experience with mobile tools like Android Studio, Xcode, or Xcodebuild a plus
- Experience with desktop tools like Microsoft Visual Studio, MSBuild, Make, or CMake a plus
- Experience with support tools like Microsoft App Center, Apple App Store Connect, jFrog Artifactory, Google Play Console, Firebase Crashlytics, and Localytics a plus
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and methodologies
- Good problem-solving skills
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $148,325 - $200,675. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.
Your application has been successfully submitted.