Technical Sales Specialist, Application Modernization, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role.
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery and deployment, converged infrastructure, virtualization systems, containers, and associated technologies (Kubernetes).
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- Advanced education in a technical field (Computer Science, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Experience as a technical architect, technical sales engineer, or solutions architect.
- Experience in networking areas (e.g., Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, VPN, and their application to PaaS and IaaS technologies).
- Experience with cloud-native software development methodologies and tools to support application development/deployment stages including CI/CD.
- Experience with large-scale deployments, developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, and container orchestration systems.
- Knowledge of application security patterns including web application security, service mesh, and mobile security strategies.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Technical Specialist, you will work as an enterprise hybrid cloud subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explain technical features, help customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshoot potential roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work to identify and qualify business opportunities, understand customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Provide in-depth enterprise infrastructure/cloud modernization expertise to support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption to Google Cloud.
- Guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environments, provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, and identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Structure and execute prototyping workshops to prove out proposed new architectures, develop best practices, and document blocking requirements for prioritization with Engineering.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
Your application has been successfully submitted.