Principal Architect, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience as an Enterprise Architect in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in cloud computing (e.g., applications, infrastructure, storage, platforms, and data), as well as cloud market and competitive dynamics.
- Experience in building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly distributed global cloud-based systems.
- Experience working with market leading BI Front-end, Data Analytics Middleware, or Back-end Data Warehouse technologies.
- Experience with enterprise technology buying and evaluation processes involving large-scale computing solutions.
- Understanding of Cloud Data Analytics technology stack (e.g., Hadoop/Spark Data lakes, SQL Data Warehouses, Data Streaming, ETL and Data governance, Business Intelligence, Predictive Analytics, BigQuery, Looker, etc.).
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Ability to influence audiences and identify expansion engagements within accounts.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Principal Architect, you will be part of the Customer developing organization for Google Cloud. You will lead cross-functional teams to help customers design, plan, implement, and govern enterprise cloud strategies.
In this role, you will be a hybrid technical and business advisor. You will direct the conversation and guide the execution of the Sales team by combining both technical strategy and business insight. You will closely partner with Value developing in order to articulate the true total value of each technical solution and the overall business partnership with Google Cloud. You will travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Build a trusted advisory relationship with strategic accounts and engage with Architects, VP developing, CTOs, and CIOs.
- Provide domain expertise around public cloud and enterprise technology in the industry, and effectively promote Google Cloud with customers, at conferences, and online.
- Make recommendations on the integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution, providing best practice advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
- Manage the holistic enterprise architecture relationship with customers by collaborating with specialists, product management, developing, etc. Identify customer priorities, technical objections, and design strategies encompassing the entire Google ecosystem to deliver business value and resolve blockers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.