Product Design Engineer, Pixel Ecosystem Products
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience working in product design engineering.
- Experience designing mechanical components (e.g., plastic/metal parts, mechanical assemblies, printed circuit boards, etc.).
- Experience using computer-aided design tools (e.g., NX, Creo, SolidWorks, etc.).
- 4 years of experience in consumer product design.
- Experience shipping multiple consumer products.
- Experience with multiple manufacturing methods used in consumer products.
- Experience working with suppliers globally on part manufacturing and final assembly, including onsite factory support.
- Experience with system integration, including electro-mechanical components (e.g., audio, display, camera, antenna, etc.), waterproofing, thermals, grounding, and/or product architecture.
- Understanding of NX.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
As a Product Design Engineer, you will help to enhance our devices to balance comfort, performance, and appearance. You will work on a team that balances these in an innovative design that complements and enables the technology. You will communicate among a team to establish a design direction, creating prototypes that prove it, and working to scale that prototype.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $134,000-$208,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage the subsystem and individual part designs from concept to production.
- Oversee supplier or partners of subsystems and individual part design from concept to production.
- Investigate the root cause for design issues to improve designs with the goal of successfully delivering products to mass production.
- Design for function, reliability, human factors, manufacturability, and cosmetic requirements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.