Data Center Technician, Technical Infrastructure
- Experience in Hardware, Networking Equipment, Operating Systems, and Data Center Operations.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting hardware or network related issues using Linux based tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Understanding of intermediate OS, PC hardware, networking concepts, tools, and protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
About the job
Google isn't just a software company. The Hardware Operations team is responsible for monitoring the state-of-the-art physical infrastructure behind Google's powerful search technology. As an Operations Technician, you'll install, configure, test, troubleshoot and maintain hardware (like servers and its components) and server software (like Google's Linux cluster). You'll also take on the configuration of more complex components such as networks, routers, hubs, bridges, switches and networking protocols. You'll participate in or lead small project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans. A typical day involves manual movement and installation of racks, and while it can sometimes be physically demanding, you are excited to work with infrastructure that is at the cutting-edge of computer technology.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $69,000-$104,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Deploy and maintain Google's advanced Data Center Server and Network Infrastructure.
- Participate in or lead local project teams on larger installations and develop project contingency plans.
- Deploy data center-related technology to work closely with the various stakeholders.
- Maintain and troubleshoot data center operations within the hardware, networking, and software fields.
Your application has been successfully submitted.