Intelligence Services Analyst
- 2 years of experience in an analytical or operational role (e.g., intelligence, threat analysis, security consulting)
- Experience analyzing cyber threats from threat actors of various motivations (i.e., Cyber Espionage, Financial/Ransomware, Hacktivism, Information Operations)
- Experience in core cyber-security concepts as represented by security frameworks, enterprise IT infrastructure components, operating system basics and networking concepts
- Experience utilizing open source tools for analysis
- Experience applying research methods and analytic techniques to independently address complex analytic problems
- Knowledge of adversarial cyber actors to include tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Familiar with the following areas and associated tools; intrusion operations, enterprise security controls, email analysis, log analysis, network flow and traffic analysis, malware triage, incident response processes, cyber attack life-cycles and models
- Ability to express complex technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically, and in writing for generalist and specialist audiences
- Exceptional communication skills with a customer-oriented attitude
About the job
Mandiant (now part of Google Cloud) is a recognized leader in cyber security and has earned the trust of security professionals and company executives around the world. Our unique combination of renowned experience and expertise, nation-state grade threat intelligence, machine intelligence, and the industry's best security validation helps ensure that Mandiant knows more about today's advanced threats than anyone.
Mandiant Threat Intelligence’s On-Demand Intelligence Access service, supported by the Custom Intelligence, Synthesis, and Reporting (CISR) Team, provides Mandiant customers with the ability to have our expert analyst team develop succinct, tailored deliverables answering the customer’s information needs and intelligence requirements. In support of this service, this role involves research, analysis, and the writing of short and long analytic reports in response to customer requirements. Well-suited candidates are cyber threat intelligence generalists capable of responding to a wide range of questions related to cyber espionage, cybercrime, hacktivism, information operations, vulnerabilities, and/or enterprise cyber security questions. This individual will perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and analysis of adversarial cyber threats to provide timely, actionable, clear, and concise intelligence products to customers.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $103,000-$157,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Work with customers to determine their intelligence needs and identify the most effective methods for fulfilling their unique requirements.
- Use knowledge, creativity, and analytic trade-craft best practices to generate solutions to problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables under conditions of uncertainty.
- Produce custom analytic products (e.g., written products, briefings, and graphics) for customers and internal teams based on conclusions and judgments derived from Mandiant data sources and independent research.
- Work closely with the other Mandiant and Google Security teams and collaborate across the organization to stay up-to-date on cyber developments, and contribute to intelligence products, collection processes, and the data model.
- Pivot through open-source and internal frameworks for related data associated with potentially malicious IOCs, such as IP addresses, URLs, Domains, Hashes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.