Aviation Security Specialist
The Amazon Aviation Security team is seeking an enthusiastic, customer obsessed AvSec Security Specialist to provide support and oversight for cargo transportation efforts in Amazon Air, encompassing new initiatives for the transportation supply chain involving Amazon owned and third party delivery methods. Responsibilities include supporting risk-based security standards and ensuring compliance with corporate policies, airport and federal regulations, and standardized processes. The AvSec Specialist performs ongoing assessments of operating risks and the development of appropriate mitigation strategies to sustain business operations, existing and future.
We are seeking a strong leader who embraces our Leadership Principles and is excited about an opportunity to influence and support our growing Air network. This key role supports the Air operation programs with understanding, implementing, and validation of security requirements, to ensure associates, third party vendors, visitors, and assets (people, property, and data) are secure and the organization is prepared to properly respond to various security related incidents. The candidate must have a demonstrated ability to utilize their security expertise and management strength to challenge conventional wisdom, think strategically, communicate effectively, and deliver results.
Key job responsibilities
The AvSec Specialist responsibilities include managing ambiguity through knowledge to decide who does which tasks to meet daily goals. May seek direction and/or need coaching on management skills. This position will assist with developing the right workforce strategy to meet long-term process targets. This position will directly support a team of on-site 3rd party vendors.
The AvSec Specialist responsibilities also include verifying compliance with security procedures and regulatory standards, physical security design standards and policies and utilize Security Management Systems processes for risk mitigation. Additional responsibilities include developing new and evaluating existing security standards by establishing workflows, SLAs, and operational excellence mechanisms by ensuring customer outcomes are data driven, measured and validated.
This is a new and evolving business operation. We are looking for someone who can introduce best practices and move with a strong bias for action as we ramp up these efforts.
*Other responsibilities include*:
· Entry level supervisor
· Tactical management in an area with procedures or a predictable workflow
· Audits work queues and service level agreement (SLA) adherence
· Facilitates successful results for customers
· Documents issues and communicates effectively
· Recommends improvements to tools and procedures
· Learning to hire, manage performance, coach, and promote
· Explains Amazon Leadership Principles
· Utilize industry and Amazon best practices for the safe and secure transportation efforts for air cargo
· Provide support to the Amazon Air Operations teams from a regulatory and security perspective
· Utilize various tools to report and manage risks
· Support security and shrinkage control programs to protect assets from loss due to internal/external theft and operational issues
· Conduct security assessments and observations to ensure that they are in line with regulatory compliance
· Support timely, ethical, and professional investigations into theft and workplace incidents
· Maintain confidentiality and Privileged & Confidential (P&C) status as required
· Support crisis management planning and emergency response for Amazon Air, both third party and Amazon owned assets
· Support investigations of regulatory violation allegations and mitigate regulatory enforcements
· Serve as a binding agent/contractor to support the Amazon Air credentialing program
· This role includes support of a single facility within a geographic region, which includes the development of team members, supporting operational leadership, managing straightforward problems, escalating roadblocks and risks
· High school or equivalent diploma
· 1+ year of experience in a customer service driven environment
· 1+ year of experience conducting workplace risk investigations
· Experience with all Microsoft Office applications
· Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in security or related field or 2 years of professional experience
· 1+ year of experience in one or all of the following disciplines; corporate security management, transportation/supply chain security, aviation security
· 1+ year of Aviation Regulatory Security Compliance experience, specifically TSA and U.S Customs
· Experience with physical security control and surveillance systems
· Interviewing and Interrogation experience (Wicklander-Zulawski certification)
· Workplace investigation certification
· Workplace Violence and/or Business Continuity experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.