Sr. HR Business Partner
Are you a seasoned HR leader that's adventurous, innovative, able to move at the speed of light, and interested in using your HR skills to help evolve the way we serve our customers? Are you interested in being part of an HR organization that operates as a business, starts with our customers and works backward to deliver meaningful products to our business? Are you passionate about changing customer's lives for the better? If this sounds exciting to you, then consider joining us as a Senior HR Business Partner, in our Worldwide Operations HR team!
This role will partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. In addition, they will own programs that run across the broader HR team. To be successful in this role, you must understand business priorities and translate them into the highest impact work. You will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience.
To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
Additionally, successful candidates will demonstrate:
- The ability to lead, develop, and inspire a team of HR professionals (may include leading and managing other HR Business Partners) in a high growth, rapidly changing environment
- The ability to understand business goals as well as design and implement new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- The desire and ability to be an influential and credible senior HR leader within the team, including setting the tone, agenda, and direction of the HR team and providing the necessary support, follow up, and leadership to ensure the team achieves desired results
- Understand the entire talent system and each stage of the employee lifecycle and applies that understanding to craft integrated solutions that are thoughtful and reinforced by upstream and downstream talent programs
- Solutions focused and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Bias for action, stellar work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Operates with autonomy and discretion; A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Ability to support a 24/7 environment that has multiple shifts and a significant staffing ramp during our seasonal peak in the fourth quarter. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
Success in this role will require influential partnership with middle and senior management within the organization to execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. The individual in this role must understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the business as it grows. Additionally, the individual in this role is accountable for partnering with leadership to teach, coach, and cultivate the Amazon culture by ensuring the Leadership Principles are taught, lived, and integrated in each component of the talent system at Amazon.
*Amazon Operations and Distribution is a 24/7 environment and shifts may change due to business needs. Full shift flexibility including holidays, nights and weekends is needed for this role.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited university
- 5+ years human resource generalist experience
- Master's Degree or MBA in HRM preferred
- Experience supporting hourly employee client groups
- Experience in a call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading employees
- Proficiency with HRIS System
- Human Resources experience with companies supporting 250-500 or more associates
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.