Manager , Regulatory Compliance
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Delivering on the regulatory requirements for PayPal Canada Co., this position is responsible for support of second line oversight of the PayPal Canada’s Risk and Compliance Management Program driving a data-driven approach that meets both the PayPal global framework and all local regulatory requirements.Job Description:
- Delivering on the regulatory requirements for PayPal Canada, this position is responsible for support of second line oversight of the PayPal Canada’s Risk and Compliance Management Program driving a data-driven approach that meets both the PayPal global framework and all local regulatory requirements.
- Assessing new regulation and its applicability to PayPal Canada, as well as provide assistance to stakeholders for compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Providing guidance to business partners relating to the development of controls for critical business processes to mitigate compliance/operational risk.
- Assisting in execution of the compliance risk assessments.
- Supporting ongoing and targeted compliance monitoring and/or testing.
- Providing ongoing support of business unit’s issue management and remediation efforts.
- Assisting with the development of applicable policies and procedures.
- Providing business with guidance and oversight of new product development initiatives.
- Preparing periodic reports summarizing the business units’ risk and control environment.
- Engaging key Risk and Compliance program stakeholders to help support business unit initiatives.
- Deep knowledge of financial institutions, payments aggregators, money service business, and/or banking compliance.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience. Some barriers to entry exist at this level, requiring department review.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a large organization within financial services and payments industry including demonstrated leadership in building and overseeing Compliance Programs comprised by -among others- regulatory, risk management, privacy, anti-corruption, anti-bribery, consumer protection.
- Experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process, ideally for non-bank financial institutions.
- Ability to navigate across multiple geographies, including global shared services functions that reside outside of Canada.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including strengths in influencing, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to communicate complex matters in a simple and clear manner.
- Ability to take ownership of outcomes and the ability to work with business unit teams to confront issues and drive performance.
- Skilled at identifying and recommending cost effective solutions and organizing resource allocation.
- Extensive experience in partnering with and counseling senior business clients, particularly in the context of a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong problem solving and operational process skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to analyze regulatory risks in complex business processes, and recommend controls to mitigate those risks.
- Excellent presentation and project management skills with the ability to successfully work multiple issues at one time.
- High energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment.
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment, and cross functionally with operations and technology functions.
- Ability to operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Strong computer knowledge; excellent MS Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint skills.
- Partnership – organisational awareness, engages widely with peers and seniors across PayPal.
- Innovate – leads effectively in a dynamic, fast-changing environment; challenges convention.
- Deliver Stand out Results – develops decisive strategies that deliver tangible results.
- Execution – focuses the business area on strategic priorities; operates clear, simple systems.
- Enable and Grow Talent – builds capability and a succession pipeline.
- Leadership – contributes to the business leadership agenda; sets business area vision.
Additional Job Description:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Upload Your Resume And See Jobs That Match Your Skills And Experience
Upload Your Resume
Your application has been successfully submitted.