Information Security Engineer
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
What you need to know about the role:
Join the newly formed Product Services team within the Enterprise Cyber Security org here at PayPal, as we enable our employees to reach our company goals securelyJob Description:
.Meet our team
Our team’s vision is for the seamless deployment, onboarding, integration, and usage of our security tools to meet the company needs and embed security into the fabric of every technology workstream at PayPal.
Our mission is to deliver our security tools and their operational services to the companies’ employees, with a focus on excelling the user experience, education, and support.
Your way to impact
You will help deliver the new tools and platforms built by our engineer teams to the company, as well as operating and running them.
Your day to day
- Helping to deploy new security products built by our engineering teams to our internal customers
- As well as operating those platforms, including integrations, maintenance and support.
- Being a champion for customer engagement and the user experience
- Working on both projects and run-the-business operations.
What do you need to bring
- 5 years experience working in an cybersecurity/Infosec engineering team
- Experience with SSO, Identity Platforms, DLP, Certificate life cycle, web proxy, Zero Trust, crypto
- Cloud exposure with the likes of GCP, Azure and AWS
- Experience with other generic security-related tools/platforms
- Experience with troubleshooting/support at any level from L1 to L3
- Have worked on a technology project, preferable deployments of a new platform or tool
- Coding experience would be beneficial
- Desire to help people with technology problems
- A change-management mindset, focusing on the user experience
- Analytical and rational problem solving
- Attention to detail and a desire to learn from mistakes
- A passion about security and eagerness to learn on a daily basis
- General knowledge of supporting technologies such as networking, endpoints, firewalls, API’s, databases and so on.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
Additional Job Description:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Upload Your Resume And See Jobs That Match Your Skills And Experience
Upload Your Resume
Your application has been successfully submitted.