Sr. Manager, Tax - US Business Advisory
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal Corporate Tax has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Manager, Tax – US Business Advisory, responsible for providing U.S. tax support for all tax matters related to PayPal’s business operations worldwide. This role will partner with the business in the delivery of new businesses initiatives, transactions, and strategic changes, as well as day to day tax support. Reporting into the Director, Tax – US Business Advisory, this role is responsible for continuously creating value by developing and maintaining optimized tax structures and processes and acts as a key advisor to PayPal leadership.
You, the ideal candidate, will have the personal drive, passion, and enthusiasm to both understand and successfully navigate a fast-growing company in a rapidly evolving marketplace. You will have a hands-on and entrepreneurial style – one that looks to become personally involved in all elements of managing your functional responsibility, and who seeks to develop like-minded future leaders with similar capabilities. You are a strategic thinker, able to define and develop a clear picture of future direction and objectives for the function and develop a comprehensive implementation plan.
This is a highly visible position with direct contact with PayPal management and business leaders.Job Description:
- Collaborate with Tax Department in providing US domestic and US international tax support to PayPal’s global business for all initiatives, transactions, product rollouts and commercial arrangements.
- Establish strong relationships, demonstrate organizational and interpersonal skills to support a collaborative environment and foster open communication.
- Support US tax controversy, including researching issues under exam, drafting responses to IDR requests and tax protest letters, and preparing models of potential US tax impacts of foreign and domestic controversy matters.
- Collaborate with other functions within the Tax Department to determine end-to-end tax impact of initiatives.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with IRS, law firm and/or Big 4 experience. Corporate tax department experience with a large multinational company strongly preferred.
- US international tax background required (subpart F, GILTI, transfer pricing, US foreign tax credit system). Familiarity with current OECD BEPS guidance and country by country reporting a plus.
- Experience in reviewing transaction documents and drafting tax provisions therein.
- Experience in acquisition and integration planning strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate effectively with team members.
- Critical thinker, with the ability to work across regions and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to operate independently and manage multiple completing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and the ability to clearly communicate complex tax issues to non-tax audiences.
- Experience with Checkpoint/CCH/Westlaw/LexisNexis.
- Proficiency with MS Office, in particular, Power Point and Excel.
JD with BA/BS (in Accounting, Economics or Finance), CPA or LLM (in Taxation).
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$99300 to $216040Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.