Director, Business Operations
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
The Director, Business Operations partners with the CPO to drive processes and programs that create connection to the holistic product strategy. This role is a key enabler of the business strategy and is the connection point between the enterprise planning team, embedded business operations teams and the finance organization. The individual in this role will collaborate with the CPO and his staff to continue to evolve our strategy and will partner in articulating the unified outcomes needed for the teams.Job Description:
The Director, Business Operations partners with the CPO to drive processes and programs that create connection to the holistic product strategy. This role is a key enabler of the business strategy and is the connection point between the enterprise planning team, embedded business operations teams and the finance organization. The individual in this role will collaborate with the CPO and his staff to continue to evolve our strategy and will partner in articulating the unified outcomes needed for the teams.
- Strategy and Operations Review Support
- Participate in the development and synthesis of organizational strategy to achieve ‘top line’ business metrics; assists in creating and evolving mission-vision-strategy-goals of the organization.
- Provide frameworks and tools; evangelizes alignment, adoption, and commitment to business metrics; ensures that planning and execution are tied to business strategy.
- Lead the development of presentations for business reviews, board presentations and employee meetings.
- Chief of Staff
- Advisor to the leadership teams (“peer reviewer”) on business matters such as organizational health, budget health, business risk management, strategy & priorities, etc.
- Orchestrate communication streams across various leaders, ensuring the leadership team appears as “one unified voice” to the organization.
- Provide the objective lens for business metrics; ensures maturity of metrics (e.g., from lagging to leading) are continually evaluated and refined.
- Bring in external POV on business matters / business practices. Develops a network of business peers on behalf of the leadership team. Linking cross-functional teams together to operate with a one-team mentality
- Partnering closely with embedded operations, HR, communications and Finance teams to create a symbiotic relationship based on trust and transparency
- Support with team culture and people related engagement activities
- Operating Rhythms, Routines, Rituals, and Efficiency
- Orchestrate forums /cadences / practices to ensure leadership team is aligned on business matters; provides frameworks and tools across peer leaders to ensure organizational issues and risks are swiftly and openly addressed
- Measure business health of the organizations – comparative to benchmarks above – and drives business improvement plans to achieve targeted metrics.
- Finance - Partners with Finance to create long range plans and ensure financial accountabilities & responsibilities are met; provides governance structure where needed. Provides constant views of financial risks & opportunities at the leadership level; facilitates financial education, architecture, best practices, etc.
- Operational Efficiency (OE) - Drives OE forums / cadences / practices; “OE Office” identifies, prioritizes, and executes on OE initiatives. Defines & monitors key ‘top-line’ metrics across the organization. Provide insights based on metrics.
- Experience supporting large organizations in a COS or strategic support role
- Change agent in a dynamic environment
- Finance background is a plus
Leadership and Personal Qualities
- Ideal team player – humble, curious, and smart
- Creates a win-win environment
- Develop the Next Generation
- Grows their people & provide coaching/visibility to elevate them
- Builds a great bench and does not feel undermined by a great bench strength
- Delegates effectively and always have a great succession bench
- Has a track record of creating an organization that thrives
- Credible, has ability to build trust, relevant to our work
- Independent and quality decision making and an attitude of intrapreneurship
- A balance of do, do and inform, ask in decision making and actions
- Emotional Intelligence
- Ability to perceive, use, understand and manage emotions in every interaction
- Self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy
- Highly trained and mature, internal compass
- Excellence in clarity, content, verbal/written/body language, in person/over the phone
- Customer Focus
- Builds effective relationships with stakeholders outside the organization
- Achieves great levels of stakeholder NPS (Net Promoter Score) through partnership and value delivery
- Technical Skills
- Solid business background or experience in product management
- Ability to translate complex technical matters into terms understood by business professionals
- Talent Magnet
- Attract and retain great talent to seed and sustain the organization
- Goal Oriented & Action Biased
- Structured, inclusive, and prompt decision-making skills
- A track record of structured execution and value creation
- Pushes the edge, thinking out of the box, being innovative and creative
- Change Champion
- Can plan, structure, introduce and execute change while bringing people along
- Personality / Behaviors
- Great judgment, high integrity, good value system, high bar
- Self-aware, strict, structured
- Hard working, humble, human-oriented
- Balanced, friendly, approachable, intelligent, pragmatic
- A coach, cheerleader, and confidant
- Is bold, takes calculated and smart risks where appropriate
- Creatively solves problems of yesterday with solutions of tomorrow
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status about public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$118700 to $246290Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Upload Your Resume And See Jobs That Match Your Skills And Experience
Upload Your Resume
Your application has been successfully submitted.