Tech Risk Maturity Oversight Engineer
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Technology and Information Security Oversight (TISO) is responsible for providing Second Line of Defense (SLOD) oversight function over Technology, Data and Security. The team provides risk visibility with risk trending and risk analysis to effectively challenge the capability provided by First Line of Defense (FLOD) organization. All risk disciplines ensure PayPal meets its regulatory and business objectives.
The person will build NIST based Technology and Security Maturity Assessment and execute assessment across different business-technology organizations. This position requires building trusted partnership with First Line of Defenses (FLOD) in collaboration with Third Line of Defense (Audit) to develop clear mechanisms to provide risk transparency at the enterprise level.Job Description:
The person will build NIST based Technology and Security Maturity Assessment and execute assessment across different business-technology organizations. This position requires building trusted partnership with First Line of Defenses (FLOD) in collaboration with Third Line of Defense (Audit) to develop clear mechanisms to provide risk transparency at the enterprise level.
The role will require broader understanding of technology and security to perform NIST based maturity assessment. The person will be responsible for building the assessment approach, driving the assessment, and aggregating the results for risk trending.
- Responsible for developing and implementing Enterprise Technology and Security Maturity Assessment
- Manage any external technology and security testing engagements to provide input to oversight on existing internal testing programs.
- Collaborate with other SLOD teams to build the scope and manage the expectations for all the activities.
- Experiences building, maturing and working as technology risk assessor
- Experience with security testing will be beneficial.
- Expertise in analyzing the results of an assessment to convert into meaningful business impact.
- Experience developing metrics with goal to provide risk trending over time.
- Experience building and automating assessment processes
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and evolve Key Risk Indicators for the critical risk domains.
- Advise leadership on foundation process related risks and decisions.
- Actively contribute to PayPal security awareness and training programs.
- Represent TISO at various forums and leadership engagements
- Build sustaining relationships based on trust and mutual respect
- Willingness to contribute ideas and learn from others on the team.
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities with deep understanding of how to develop relevant metrics that not only track activity but also quantify the impact of data and technology initiatives on the financial performance of the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/BA degree required
- Industry certifications preferred
- 6+ years in experience working in Technology or security risk management
- A strong balance of strategic and analytic acumen, with a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for original and innovative thoughts.
- Ability to work in a cross functional/matrix environment with proven track record of delivery, through strong negotiation, influencing and relationship management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$96900 to $234300Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.