Senior Technical Product Manage
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
What you need to know about the role
You will define the next generation of PayPal's APIs and/or SDKs and own multiple assets that enable rich experiences via web, mobile web and native interfaces.
Meet our team
Our team shares a common love of building products that makes developers lives easier. We do this by empathizing with the needs of the developers and then building products that let them achieve their objective with minimal friction and minimal code.Job Description:
Your way to impact
You will work with the Developer Community, Global Professional Services, Sales and Integration Engineering to define and deliver world-class API/SDKs for developers globally.
Your day to day
In your day to day role you will:
- Be the Product Owner for the API and/or Mobile / JS SDK team that enable merchants to integrate and process payments via PayPal.
- Prioritize and maintain a balance between on-going maintenance/bugs, new feature requests and a need to keep client-side integrations simple & flexible and continuously evolving with changes in technology and competitor landscape.
- Do competitive analysis to inform areas of improvement or trends that we can learn from.
- Gain an “outside-in” perspective by speaking with a cross-section of developers and/or internal client facing teams with a goal to build a case to continuously evolve the client interfaces.
- Provide the right level of support and direction to keep the engineering team working efficiently and aligned with the overall product strategy.
- Participate in regular cadences (stand up’s, retrospective, planning meeting) and be engaged with the team throughout the product life cycle.
- Engage with teams (Sales, Marketing, Professional Services) across PayPal to help Pilot and Launch enhancements / improvements with a goal towards improving adoption.
What do you need to bring
- 5+ years of Product Management or other relevant experience.
- Experience in managing one or more technology focused products (SaaS, APIs, Mobile / JS SDKs, Infrastructure, Platform) in an Agile SCRUM environment at scale.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your message to the technical level of the audience (developers, product managers and senior business leaders).
- A strong degree of technical fluency that allows you to communicate with and understand your target audience (developers), translating their needs into clear product strategy and deliver on them.
- Experience managing products that are externalized via APIs and/or SDKs.
**We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
Additional Job Description:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Upload Your Resume And See Jobs That Match Your Skills And Experience
Upload Your Resume
Your application has been successfully submitted.