Sr. Software Engineer
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join PayPal Commerce Platform (PPCP) Team. As a Software Engineer, you will be a strong technical innovator who is able to operate in a high performing team, can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs, has excellent communication skills, and has a stellar record of delivering outstanding results in a fast-paced environment.
At PayPal, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the Engineering team help transform our business through customer-focused incentives, innovative design, and creative excellence. We are a purpose-driven company, and our beliefs are the foundation of how we conduct business every day. We are guided by our core values of Inclusion, Innovation, Collaboration, and Wellness. You will be part of PayPal Commerce Platform (PPCP) building, enhancing, and supporting capabilities of the platform.Job Description:
Your way to impact
The PPCP Engineering team is responsible for building highly scalable applications to enable payment processing capabilities on the platform.
Your day to day
- Develop efficient, elegant, clean, reusable code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction.
- Deliver quality solutions on schedule.
- Designing and implementing software that is simple, bug-free, intuitive, and easy to use with platform development mindset.
- Participating and collaborating with Product Owner/ Cross functional teams in the organization to understand the business requirements and to deliver solutions that can scale.
- Monitor applications in production.
- Triage, debug, and fix bugs.
What do you need to bring-
- 4+ years of experience developing large scale applications.
- Deep understanding of advanced object-oriented design and development principles.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Git and Github version control, Continuous Integration systems (Hudson/Jenkins) & Bug Tracking (Jira) tools.
- Experience with using Agile/Scrum methodology for software development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Expertise in online payments and related domains is a plus.
- Help hire and build a world class engineering team that impacts how we engineer at PayPal.
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this position may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is $52,800 to $136,510.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$72700 to $176000Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Upload Your Resume And See Jobs That Match Your Skills And Experience
Upload Your Resume
Your application has been successfully submitted.