At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
As part of PayPal's compliance platform engineering team, we utilize cutting-edge technologies and advanced data solutions to support enterprise risk and compliance. As a fin-tech professional, you will deal with complex data challenges that will enable you to gain valuable insights from big data. You can also create enterprise-level data solutions while understanding the data deeply.Job Description:
As Engineering Manager for the Data Engineering and Integration Services team, you will:
- Lead and grow an effective and efficient engineering organization while remaining tactical and hands-on enough to drive large-scale systems design conversations
- Work with business and Product teams to design, develop and deliver data solutions on one of the largest data platforms in the world.
- Establish robust data and service integrations with both internal and external systems.
- Support PayPal business units by providing data in a ready-to-use form to data analysts and data scientists for business insights, predictive analytics, machine learning, etc.
- Create more data assets by using Image processing, object detection and localization, speech recognition, natural language processing, recommendation systems, forecasting, and multimodal learning
- Design or develop a data model and enrich the analytical data sources for further usability and availability by advanced & cutting-edge technology.
- Development of standards that typically include best practices observed from other technology rollouts and helping faster solutions development through repeatable actions or reusable components in new designs.
- Collaborate with other teams or groups to identify challenges and design solutions
- BS degree in CS or Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in Data Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in Big Data engineering
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Solid technical leadership and expertise in Big Data and related areas
- Experience mentoring talent, driving the technical build-up, and ability to influence and align with partner technical decisions, especially in the Hadoop platform, Cloud data Platforms like GCP, streaming platforms like Kafka, and other enterprise data platforms.
- Experience leading while remaining hands' on enough to provide tactical guidance to your direct reports and drive large scale systems-design and architecture conversations.
- Good understanding of database principles and SQL beyond just data access.
- Knowledge of Data Modelling Concepts and experience with modelling data and metadata to support relational and non-relational database implementations.
- Familiar with various big data technologies and open-source data processing frameworks. E.g., Spark, Hadoop, HBase, Elasticsearch, Pig, Hive, Big Query, Dataproc, Dataflow and so on.
- Ability to communicate effectively with partners at different levels.
- Experience with U/X design principles
- Experience in building custom data visualizations
- Experience with NodeJS and asynchronous programming
- Expert in multiple Programming/scripting languages, i.e., Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, Java Script, Python, C++, Java, Python, Scala, etc.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of the following business domains is a plus E.g., Marketing, Risk, Customer Service, Payments, and e-commerce.
- AI/Machine Learning experience is plus.
Additional Job Description:
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$107300 to $259600Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Your application has been successfully submitted.