Director of Content and Programming
Toronto, ON, Canada
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
TikTok Canada is seeking an experienced content and programming leader to drive the TikTok content strategy and celebrate the breadth of creativity and discovery on the platform. You will be responsible for understanding and developing the content ecosystem, programming & promoting exciting new content on TikTok and be at the very heart of the latest culture and trends emerging online. This role requires a deep passion for content, creativity and culture.
As a content leader, you will develop our local content strategies, growing our metrics through smart, insightful analysis of what's happening on the platform. You'll work closely with cross-functional teams such as Partnerships, Product and Business Analytics to engage our user base, and collaboratively work towards TikTok's overall content targets. As a programming leader, you'll leverage your knowledge of the content ecosystem to identify and promote important new content and creativity to our millions of users. When the TikTok Canada team wants to know about the latest trends on the platform, you'll be the person we ask.
The ideal candidate should be a rock star who is excited working in fast-paced environments and on multiple projects simultaneously. We are looking for individuals who are flexible, can find solutions to ambiguous problems, be resourceful and bring positivity to the work environment.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive strategy to grow and foster the Canadian content ecosystem on TikTok
- Innovate new content formats, inform the product vision, and drive user engagement
- Analyse and report on the state of the content ecosystem, including content development efforts, overall performance, feedback, sentiment and cross-functional reporting
- Perform as product specialist for content-related product features and TikTok's algorithm strategy
- Lead a content strategy and operations team, working to improve the overall content ecosystem and increase users' consumption & satisfaction
- Collaborate closely with global teams to coordinate international content campaigns and initiatives in Canada
- Lead key programming tentpoles and coordinate execution with cross-functional partners, including Marketing and Partnerships
- Monitor trends and data sources, drawing insights to guide our content strategy
- Our ideal candidate has 10+ years of relevant industry experience, preferably with digital content platforms
- Strong interest in entertainment and digital content; understanding of the media landscape and major trends in the industry
- Deep understanding of online content communities and the creator landscape
- Strong working knowledge of TikTok
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Project management and team management experience
- Experience with data, measurement, and analysis in order to draw insights and derive recommendations
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally and with all levels of management
- Pristine presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- A team player who is accountable, proactive, and solution-oriented in a fast paced environment
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
Your application has been successfully submitted.