Uncapped Games - VFX Artist (All Levels)
Uncapped Games of Tencent’s Lightspeed & Quantum Studios is focused on creating an original, action-packed PC Real-Time Strategy game that has a low barrier to entry and is impossible to master. Our ambitious group of passionate developers is looking for a talented and versatile VFX Artist with Unity platform experience to help us create a dynamic and exciting new world.
- Freedom to collaborate beyond the boundaries of your role
- Highly creative and collaborative start-up culture
- Flexible remote work options
- Competitive pay and benefits
What you’ll get to do:
- Collaborate with the Art Team to help define the style and aesthetic for the game’s VFX needs
- Help set up and optimize the VFX pipeline and workflow
- Build and implement a library of stunning and performant shared and unique VFX
- Collaborate with other developers to take a multi-discipline approach to creative exploration and problem solving
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience and 1 shipped title in game development as a VFX Artist
- Comfort with establishing and iterating on stylized real-time VFX seen from a top down/isometric camera view (for RTS, MOBA, ARPG style camera)
- Strong grasp of composition, color, animation and timing principles from an isometric view
- Ability to create 2D/3D VFX using flipbook animations, particle systems, 3D models, etc. using Maya, Photoshop or similar software
- Proficiency with Unity’s shader graph in an HDRP pipeline with VFX optimization experience
- Ability to author custom VFX shaders
- A strong passion for the RTS genre
The base pay range for this position in California is $97,000 to $175,400 per year.
Actual pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign on payment, relocation package, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as other medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the specific position offered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.