IEG/Lightspeed Principal Environment Artist
Lightspeed LA is looking for a Principal Environment Artist who has a passion for bringing AAA quality environments to life. This is a flexible, highly creative role responsible for building an immersive game experience in a living, breathing world
- Create high fidelity environments that bring the game world to life.
- Work with production to identify risks, dependencies, and scoping.
- Create and maintain best practices and documentation for Environment Art and art pipelines.
- Train the team on best practices, tools and pipelines.
- Analyze competitive projects and make recommendations to help improve graphics and pipelines.
- Assist in the recruiting of other developers including interviewing, screening and other decisions.
- Collaborate with the Art and Engineering Team on building tools and pipelines for Unreal Engine 5.
- 12+ years of experience in an environment art role, with experience shipping AAA games.
- An expert understanding of 3d art and game development pipelines, and tools.
- Familiar with the majority of modern 3D DCC packages like Maya, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter.
- Expert knowledge of Python or other scripting languages, procedural tools such as Houdini, Unreal Engine etc.
- A strong desire to collaborate with other departments.
- Able to work in a highly iterative team environment.
- Passion for making and playing great games.
The base pay range for this position in California is $137,000 to $196,000 per year. Actual pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign on payment, relocation package, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as other medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the specific position offered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.