Senior Technical Program Manager
Tencent Overseas IT has the mission to empower Tencent’s rapid global growth with future-ready, global IT platforms, applications, and services. We are chartered to lead the Overseas IT strategy, architecture, roadmap, and execution. Satisfying our internal and external customers and becoming a world-class global IT team are our top aspirations.
We are currently looking for a passionate Senior IT Program Manager focused on leveraging technology in innovative ways to resolve challenging problems in IT Foundation Services. From Foundation Support to Infrastructure Build-out, from Day 1 Onboarding to ongoing Engagement, IT is always at the forefront, delivering the most important experiences to our internal and external customers every day. This position will report to IT Manager, Americas IT.
Working closely with our Overseas internal and external studios, HR, Finance, and various business teams, this role will play a critical leadership in designing, planning, building, and optimizing simple, sleek, cohesive IT blueprints, including the necessary solutions, platforms, applications, and processes. We believe this is a key component to enable Tencent’s rapid employee and business growth in the Overseas market, including the Americas, Europe, and APAC.
- Communicate closely with studio customers, and gain insights into business pain points and scenarios, combined with the characteristics of the Overseas IT products and solutions, to help customers identify, collect, and resolve technical problems; to assist customers in the expansion, adjustment, and optimization of IT infrastructures.
- Assist studio customers in the expansion, adjustment, and optimization of IT infrastructures and continuously improve customer satisfaction and IT service experience.
- Lead multiple concurrent complex IT projects, and establish collaboration ecologies with internal and external studio customers as directed by senior leadership.
- Gather business requirements to define project objectives, scopes, and roadmap goals in agile ways; Develop project schedules including milestones, risks, and mitigation plans; Build status dashboards and reports, communicate with stakeholders monthly/weekly/daily, and deliver the projects under the project assurance deadline.
- Manage IT project life cycles in designing, planning, execution, and customer support via collaboration with distributed and cross-functional teams in the Americas, APAC, and Europe.
- Establish the best practices within the organization, streamline processes and workflows, and improve operation quality and efficiency with a result-driven focus.
- Be involved in strategic roadmap planning, providing industry best practice research and data-driven analysis to support decision-making.
Who we are looking for
- Highly self-motivated, energetic, proactive, articulate, insatiable curious, and passionate about ideas and technology.
- Decisive and results-oriented while maintaining a positive and optimistic attitude when encountering challenges.
- Proven track record of delivering projects with a deep understanding of customer pain points, technology, quality, speed-to-market, and budget.
- Extensive experience with Agile methodologies, from roadmap planning to delivery strategies.
- Effective communication, coordination, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience and success working with diverse global teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, MS/MBA preferred.
- 6+ years of working experience in IT project management.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in Agile/Scrum project management methodologies, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Able to work under pressure and find solutions to multiple and varying needs.
- Bilingual in English and Chinese is highly preferred, able to communicate in both languages with internal and external stakeholders.
The base pay range for this position in California is $105,000 to $211,200 per year.
Actual pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign on payment, relocation package, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as other medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the specific position offered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.