Senior/Principal Researcher - Video Standards
We are inviting motivated researchers and engineers to join our team in Bay Area. The team works on developing cutting edge technologies in multimedia data compression, processing, transmission, analysis and beyond. Some example areas include (but not limited to) video compression algorithms, future video coding standards, VR and 360 video coding and transmission, intelligent visual data analysis and representation, future immersive data compression and processing (e.g. point cloud, light field, etc.)
- Research, design, implement, and optimize novel algorithms/models that lead to improved video compression performance in future or existing codecs
- Summarize the developed algorithms into academic papers, standard contributions and patent applications
- Represent company in standard meetings and academic conferences
- Master degree in computer science, electrical engineering, math, statistics, or related fields
- 5+ years of related working experience
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences
- Interest and experience in video compression and video coding standards
- Strong coding skills in C/C++
- Ability to communicate/collaborate with other researchers/engineers
- Ability to think out of box
The base pay range for this position in California is $118,200 to $216,700 per year.
Actual pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign on payment, relocation package, and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, as well as other medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the specific position offered.
Your application has been successfully submitted.